Approval

This one is set after s3 but Carla didn't leave, she started a relationship with Samuel instead. Now that they're dating, Samuel has to formally meet her father.

Includes some mature content
————————————————————
Carla was pacing nervously around in her room. She was fidgeting with her fingers, looking at herself in the mirror every time she passed it. Normally she wouldn't let something get to her like that, but this situation was different. Her boyfriend was about to meet her father. She hadn't been in a situation like this before, not even with Polo. Her father knew Polo since he was born so he didn't have to prove himself. And with Yeray her father had a hidden agenda so he sucked up to him. The thought of that made her sick. But now with Samuel it's different, a few weeks ago her father threatened to kill him and now he's coming over for dinner. Carla felt her organs twist, she had no idea what was going to happen. And if there's something she doesn't like it's uncertainty or surprises. She had no control over the situation, her dad was so unpredictable.

Samuel wasn't exactly calm either. He asked his mom about a 1000 times how he looked. She just laughed, but it was no joke to him. He knew Carla didn't care how much money he had or where he's from, but her dad did. "Samu you need to calm down because you look like a scared puppy and that certainly won't impress him." His mom said. That didn't comfort him at all, in fact, it made him more nervous. "Well thanks for the boost of confidence mom, I appreciate it." He sneered sarcastically. Samuel started pacing, fidgeting his fingers and checking himself in the mirror. "Samuel you'll be fine. You're a wonderful young man and I'm sure Carla's dad will think the same. He wants to see his daughter happy right?" His mom asked again. Samuel thought about the question, he wasn't entirely sure that Carla's happiness was her dad's first priority, but eventually he nodded. "Well I know I don't know Carla very well, yet. But I can see that smile you put on her face from a mile away, every fool with eyes can. So just be your usual self, the you that she fell for, and you'll be just fine." She said gently. Samuel smiled to the ground, she was right. "Who knew you had such wisdom." He teased. "If you ever listened to me you would have known that a lot sooner mister Garcìa." She joked. Samuel checked the time, he had to go. "Well I have to leave, wish me luck." His mom grabbed both his shoulders. "You'll be fine, I would know" she said as she looked him in the eyes. Samuel furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean 'I would know'?" A smile creeped up on his mom's face. "Because I did a fine job raising you." Samuel laughed. "That you did." With that he kissed his mom's cheek and left.

Carla was still in her room, only getting more nervous as the dinner came closer. As soon as she heard her phone buzz she ran towards it like her life depended on it. It was the message she expected. 'I'm at the gate'. She didn't know how to feel, she was glad he was here but on the other hand she wished she could just not let him in, and save themselves from this probably catastrophic dinner. 'I'll come and get you' she replied. As soon as she hit send she rushed down the stairs. She was about to walk out the door to meet Samuel till she heard her dad call her name. She rolled her eyes "yes" she said with an annoyed tone. Her dad came walking in the hallway. "So, loverboy is here then?" "Dad you know damn well his name is Samuel, you threatened him last week remember?" She said, challenging her dad. "Oh right, and did he arrive here on his bike or did he walk here?" He replied back. They both knew how to play this game equally well, Carla didn't want to play though. "Dad save it. Just for once try to get off that high horse of yours and act like a decent human being. I know you don't like him but I do. And you may not like it but there's nothing you can do about it, you have no power over me. So you might as well accept him because he isn't going anywhere." And with that she turned around and walked outside the door. Feeling a little more confident than before.

As he stood there watching her walk towards him he couldn't help but admire her. When she walked she swayed her hips in a elegant way. It was a confident walk though, walking with determination. As she came closer he saw what she was wearing and all his nerves flew away. She was wearing a dark red dress with a slit on the side. It was off shoulders and figure hugging, showing her curves in a classy way. She straightened her hair and put on a red lipstick that matched her dress. He thought her smile was the most beautiful thing though, the closer she came the bigger it grew. His mom was right, any fool could see that smile from a mile away. "Hey there stranger." She flirted as she finally reached him. She pushed some buttons on the pillar next to the gate and it opened. Samuel smiled and couldn't help himself "you look absolutely beautiful." He grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. She instantly melted by his touch. After a few seconds she pulled away and as soon as she looked at him she chuckled. "What's so funny, do I look alright?" He worried, still insecure about how he dressed. Her heart melted at his comment, it was endearing seeing him this nervous. She couldn't blame him though. "You look very handsome, the lipstick doesn't fit the outfit though." She said as she looked at her smudged lipstick on his face. "I thought it would be charming" Samuel joked, trying to get it off, completely missing the stains. "Here let me." Carla wiped her thumb on the outer line of his lips, concentrating on getting it off. Samuel just looked at her. A few months ago he didn't dare to dream that he would be on Carla's drive way while she was getting the lipstick off his face because he kissed her. He started smiling. "You know I find your dimples very cute but try to keep them in check. I'm trying to make you look presentable here." He quickly stopped smiling. "So, all done." She said as she backed away a little. "So that means I won't get to kiss you all night?" He asked while they started walking towards her house. "Well you can try, but I think you should be more worried about my dad than lipstick on your face if you do." He chuckled, grabbing her hand. "You're ready for this?" He asked her, shifting the mood. "I hope so. Just remember, you wanted this. I warned you. He probably will try and get to you, don't let him." She said trying to remain as calm as possible. "Well I have to face him one day, better sooner than later right? Besides he's you dad, I would never disrespect him. Even if he insults me." She looked at him "You don't know what you have gotten yourself into." She joked, partially. Just before they reached the door he quickly whispered to her "I know we'll have one thing in common, we both love you." She gave his hand one more squeeze, then opened the door.