Chapter 15

Shawn's POV.

I woke up about an hour ago, laying on top of Bey under the warm covers as I washed up some after getting out of bed, and going into the kitchen where I made some breakfast for the girls, then went to go check up on Joi. She was sitting in bed rubbing her tired eyes and yawning. "Good morning Princess." I said walking into her room.

"Hi daddy." She said with raised arms. I bent down to pick her up, and she immediately laid on my chest.

"You still sleepy?"

"No. I just feel lazy."

"Feel lazy.. you are lazy!" She chuckled.

"No I'm not.. you're lazy."

"Yeah whatever."

"Oh daddy.." She dramatically said. "You cooked?"

"That's probably what woke you up."

"It is." She giggled. "It smells so delicious!"

"You're 5 but you eat like a 14 year old. Something's not adding up."

"Kinda like how you and BB still being friends isn't adding up?" She asked as her voice cracked a little. "I know."

"Don't start."

"I'm not! I'm just saying."

"Well cut that out.. it's not nice."

"Cut what out?"

"Throwing shade. You used to love Crystal.. Why don't you anymore?"

"Used to."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"I don't know.. I'm just closer to BB."

"Still, that doesn't mean you have to be rude to her. She has feelings too."

"I know."

"So why do you treat her differently now?"

"I just told you why."

"But it makes no sense."

"I'm sorry." She pouted.

I sighed and kissed her cheek. "It's okay." I then opened the door a little bit more so the both of us could fit, and headed towards the steps, but stopped at the top to take a breath. "You know you're not that light, right?"

"Put me down then."

"Okay." I said lowering my body.

"No!" She shouted as she clang onto my neck. I chuckled and stood back up.

"What was that?"

"Nothing! You only have 13 more steps to go, then you have my permission to put me down!"

"I need your permission to pick you up and put you down?"

"Yes. You pick things up and put them down." She said mimicking the guy from the Planet Fitness commercial.

I chuckled and held onto the rail. "I'm the adult here. Shouldn't I be advising you my permission?"

"You could.. But I'm the Princess here; And Princess's always get what they want!"

"Says who?"

"Joi! Did you not just hear me?"

"Who you talking to?"

"You."

"Oh really?"

"No I'm playing daddy. I'm talking to myself." She said with a phony smile.