Chapter 20

"Kids, get up." Crystal said yanking the bottom of Tyler's crumpled sheets. I groaned and rolled over on my side, eventually opening my eyes and sitting up.

"I'm not a kid." I said with a frown and scratched my nose.

"Then what are you?" She stood in the doorway with her hand on her hip and her head tilted.

"I'm a young lady."

"Until you know what it's like to be a young lady, I'm considering you a child. Let's go."

"No need to rush." I said walking over to my bag.

"She's not really a morning person." Tyler said putting on a pair of socks.

"I can't tell." He chuckled.

"Hey Joi."

"Yes?"

"Can you turn around?"

"So you can stare at my butt?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "I don't think so."

"What? No! I need to put my clothes on."

"Oh you don't want me seeing you naked!" I said turning around to face his closet and putting my shoes on."I see."

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

When he was finished, we went downstairs into the kitchen where Crystal sat two small pancakes in front of us and a cup of orange juice. I dipped a piece of food in my syrup and stuffed it in my mouth.

"Can I have another one?"

"Sure, Joi." She sighed and put another one on my plate.

"Thank you.. how did everyone sleep?"

"I slept good once you moved over to your side of the bed. You're such a bed hogger."

"Am not! Your bed is just small."

"We're small! Two of us should take up the whole thing."

"Well next time either sleep on the floor, or get a larger bed."

"You're crazy, you can do that."

"I'm the guest."

"I live here.. What's your point?"

"You have to treat me with respect and let me sleep in your bed while you sleep on the floor."

"But the floor is uncomfortable!"

"Layer up some quilts, you'll be fine."

"I'll just sleep in my Moms room." He said stuffing his mouth with food.

"I'll be scared alone!"

"Don't you sleep in your own room while you're at home?"

"Yes but that's home. This is your house.."

"Toughen up, kid."

"You're just as much of a kid as I am."

"Who's older?"

"Me." I spat. He crossed his arms and frowned. Crystal closed the cabinet and laughed.

"Y'all are funny.. I'm going to get dressed, behave."

"Okay." I said knowing that wasn't going to happen. I took another sip of orange juice as Tyler walked over to the fridge and rummaged through it.

"Hey Joi, you wanna get naked?"

"What?" I asked letting the small piece of bacon fall out of my mouth and onto my plate.

"Do you wanna get naked?"