Chapter 8

Shawn's POV.

I woke up at 6:30, early enough to make Joi some breakfast before she goes to school. I placed her plate on the table and Beyoncé's in the microwave, just incase she still wanted to sleep. I went back upstairs into my daughters room where the both of them laid at the end of the bed. I tapped Joi's shoulder and she groaned, rolling over as Bey's eyes fluttered open.

"Morning." I said picking my daughter up.

"Good morning, Shawn."

"Breakfast is ready if you want to eat Beyoncé.. Joi, I need you to start getting ready."

"Okay." She rubbed her eyes and walked over to her closet. I cracked a smile and went back downstairs, where they soon followed.

"How was last night, Daddy?"

"It was great! We saw the ninja turtle movie." Bey and Joi chuckled. "What's funny?"

"Isn't that for kids?" Bey asked.

"Yeah.." Joi added.

"It's rated PG 13, for you're information. So no, it's not a kids movie."

"Why so serious?"

"I'm not getting serious.. I'm just saying." Shawn said as he pushed Bey's shoulder. She laughed and hit him back.

"Stop." Joi insisted as she carried her plate to the sink. "I'm ready to go."

"Alright. Go get your book bag." Shawn said. Bey slowly walked over to the chair and sat. "You alright?"

"I'm fine. Just a little sore." He chuckled.

"Probably from sleeping in Joi's bed. Y'all had that planned?"

I smiled. "No.. She wanted me to stay until she fell asleep.. then I ended up falling asleep."

"Y'all looked comfortable."

"I wouldn't know.. I'm a heavy sleeper."

"Damn." Shawn whispered.

"Damn what?"

"Nun.. so what did y'all eat?"

"Why are you asking me questions? I should be the one doing that."

I chuckled. "Okay, so.."

"So.. what time did you get back last night?"

"Midnight." Bey's eyes widened.

"Excuse me sir.. but you have a curfew in this house."

I chuckled. "Says who?"

"Me." Bey said as she gripped his shirt. Shawn bit his lip and chuckled as he saw Joi coming down the steps with her book bag on her back.

"Stop flirting." He said. She let go of him and sucked her teeth as they both walked to the door.

"You woulda thought."

"That's what they all say. You ready to go princess?"

"Yes daddy. See you later BB." She said after hugging her.

"Bye baby."

"Your foods in the microwave if you get hungry."

Bey nodded her head and Shawn smiled at her before closing the door. She sat on the couch and watched Good Morning America.

*

*

*

"Daddy, can we have tacos tonight for dinner?"