Chapter 23

3 weeks later.

"Ms. Knowles?" I looked up from my cooing daughter to see Doctor Hauton standing in the doorway. He held a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other. I smiled, pushing my hair out of my face as he approached us and touched her cheek.

"Yes?"

"Baby Sky is ready to go home!" He exclaimed. "I have some helpful information here and some tips to keep the two of you healthy. Your discharge papers have been finalized.. It's now up to you whenever you're ready to leave." He placed a few papers in my lap and gently rubbed my shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"High." I giggled and laid back on the pillows, pulling Sky up onto my chest.

"High?" He asked gathering his eyebrows. "Why?"

"I'm not sure." I opened my eyes. "Other than that, I'm okay." I said smiling. "Thank you." 

"Perhaps you should stay another night." He suggested. one more night in here and i'd end up on the lower level with the crazy people.

"Oh no, Doctor.. I'll be fine. Do you mind laying her down in the bassinet?"

"Not at all." After washing his hands, he took her out of my arms and gently laid her down. I awed at the way her little nose twitched. "Anything else?"

"No," I shook my head. "You've been a great help." I embraced him into a hug and patted his back. He squeezed my side gently.

"Just doing my job, Ms. Knowles." He gave me wink and exited the room closing the door behind him.

I carefully turned over in the crunchy bed and dialed Shawn's number. I smiled when the ringing stopped.

"Hello?" He answered after the third ring.

"Hey baby, we're good to go!"

"Great! I just stopped by the house to get some fresh clothes and something to eat. I'll be there in 20 minutes."

"You going to get Joi?"

"Nah, I left a spare key under the mat in case they get back before we do. How's Junie?" His nick name for Sky.

"She's good right now.. Taking her a little siesta." I looked back at her and smiled.

"Cool," he chuckled. "Be there soon beautiful, I love you."

"I love you too."
***

"Baby girl?" My eyes fluttered open and there sat Shawn hovered over me, stroking my forehead. I smiled and reached out for his hand. He grabbed it and pressed his lips onto my skin. "We're home."

"Okay." I whispered and groaned uncomfortably getting out of the car. I stumbled standing up straight.

"You okay?" Shawn asked catching me with his right hand. I shook my head and held my lower stomach barely running over to the grass and letting the burning hot acid spew from my mouth. I coughed as I felt Shawn's hand motioning a circle on my back and wiped my mouth. "Damn Bey, what'd you eat?" He asked grimacing.

I laughed some and shrugged my shoulders. "Not much.. Only toast and yogurt."

"Looks like you had rice and ham."

"Okay could we please not have a discussion over what my vomit looks like?"

"Sorry." He grabbed Junie's car seat and closed the door, stepping up onto the front porch as the house door flew open.