Chapter 5

Shawn's P.O.V

As the aroma of food shot through my nostrils, I quickly stood to my feet and slipped on a pair of adidas slippers. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to see Beyoncé hovering over golden brown biscuits. I leaned against the wall and secretly gazed at her as she swayed her hips in an oversized t shirt and hummed along the lyrics of Soldier Love.

"Good morning." I whispered when she flicked the access water from off the tips of her fingers. She jumped and held her heart with her right hand as she held onto the sink for support with her left. I chuckled. "Did I startle you?"

"Just a little." She smirked and pushed a strand of hair out of the way. "You hungry?" Her back was now turned to me and she lightly whipped the eggs that were in the bowl."

"Sure am." I rubbed my gut and looked over her shoulder. "What's cooking?"

"Sausage links, eggs and biscuits." She shoved a small piece of meat in my mouth and smiled. "How is it?" Her teeth sank into her bottom lip and she arched her brow.

"Delicious!" I kissed the tips of my fingers and she laughed.

"It's all done if you wanna go wake up Joi."

I licked my lips. "Aight." I turned on my heels and jogged up the steps, making my way to my daughters room. I pulled the covers back from her body and kissed her cheek. "You hungry, Princess?"

"Yes." She said barely above a whisper. She rubbed her tired eyes and sat up in between my legs.

"Come on, BB made breakfast." I put her on my shoulder and sat her down at the kitchen table.

"Good morning, BB."

"Morning Joi.." She placed our plates in front of us and poured three glasses of orange juice. "Bon appetite!"

"What does that mean?" Joi giggled, taking s bite of her buttery bread.

"It's French for enjoy." Bey smiled and sat down. "So what are we doing today?" Both girls looked at Shawn.

"Y'all wanna go bowling?" He suggested with raised shoulders.

"Ooo bowling!" Joi shouted. "Do you know how to bowl, BB?"

"Nope.. I've never heard of it"

"Well you get a ball and you toss it down a lane that has ten pins. If you knock all of them down, that's called a strike. If you knock down seven then knock down the other three afterwards, that's called a spare. It's easy!"

"Well when are we leaving?"

"We can go now if y'all start getting ready."

"I'll be back!" Joi yelled as she scattered off back upstairs to her room.

Shawn chuckled and gathered their plates. "Thanks for breakfast, B. It was very good."

"Oh it's no problem." We reached for the faucet at the same time and when our hands touched, it felt like I was on the moon. She looked up at me and I grinned. "I'm gonna... go get dressed." She whispered walking away.

Shawn smiled to himself and glanced at her as she closed her bedroom door. He changed into a pair of khaki shorts and a white v-neck before placing a silver chain around his neck.

He walked into Joi's room and she was putting on her sneakers. He smiled and sat on her bed.

"You think you fly?"