Chapter 17

Ding dong..
Ding dong..
Knock, knock, knock..

"Mmm." I groaned. "Daddy someone's at the door.".. "Daddy." I turned over and he wasn't there. "Daddy?" I got out of bed and looked around until I realized that he'd be no where else, other than BB's room. This fool really left me in the middle of the night to go cuddle with her... Will the landscapers PLEASE come and cut down these trees because the shade is real!

Ding dong.

I sighed. "How many time are you gonna ring the doorbell?" I dragged myself over to the couch and stood on it, looking out the window and seeing Crystal standing there with a McDonald's bag in her hand. "FOOD!" I shouted and ran to the door. "Hey Crystal." I pulled her in, she laughed.

"Good morning Joi.. How are you?"

"Fine, you?"

"I'm good.." She took off her coat. "It's very quiet.. where's everyone at?"

"They're still sleep.. It's only 6:35."

"Don't you have to start getting ready for school?"

"Yeah."

"Well let's get you going then!"

"Um okay.. Thats food right?"

"This?" She asked holding up the bag, I nodded my head. "Yeah, breakfast."

"McDonald's has breakfast?"

"Mhm. Pancakes, sausage, biscuits, hash browns, eggs, burritos and different types of sandwiches."

"All for me?!" I smiled wide, and hugged her waist. She laughed and rubbed my back.

"Some of it is for you.. you gotta share with the rest of us!" She said placing it on the kitchen table.

"Eh, forget you guys."

"Why do you say that?"

"I'm just kidding. Hows Tyler?"

"Great, he misses you." She turned the faucet on and washed her hands.

"I miss him too."

"I know." She pinched my cheek. "Your father upstairs?" She asked tucking her hair behind her ear.

"No.."

"Is he using the restroom?"

"No.."

"Then where is he?"

"He took the laundry to the laundromat."

"What happened to you guys washing machine?"

"It broke yesterday. BB put too many clothes in it and the spin thingie cracked."

"Oh man.. why's his cars outside then?"

"You ask a lot of question."

"That's how you get answers to things."

"It's too early.. my brain hasn't started to properly function yet." She looked around.

"I'm just trying to understand how he went without his car."

"He took a cab." I lied.

"You said everyone was still sleeping.."

"I'm 5.. I probably cursed and you didn't even know it." I said walking over to the sink.

"What are you talking about?"

"Stop trying me."

"Trying you? I'm just-"