Chapter 2

Shawn's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of what sounded like crying. I sat up in bed and looked around to try to get myself together. The sound was getting louder, and I was starting to get worried.. I got up and stepped into the hallway. I walked towards Joi's room and opened her door, where she was sitting on her bed crying her eyes out. I ran over to her and knelt down.

"Joi, what's wrong? why are you crying?"

"I, I can't find Bey- Beyoncé." She managed to get out.

I lightly gripped her arms and she looked me in my eyes.

"Where did you last put her?"

"I was laying down with her like this when I went to sleep." She said as she began to demonstrated. "Then, when I woke up, she wasn't in my arms anymore." She said as she began to cry harder.

I hugged her and consoled her by rubbing her back. She sniffled as she pulled away and looked down. I raised her chin with my finger.

"What did daddy tell his princess about putting her head down?"

"That if I put it down.. my tiara will fall."

"That's right. So keep your head lifted, and don't be sad. We're gonna find her. Come on." Shawn said as he started looking around her room.

He checked in any corners of Joi's room, while she checked for Beyoncé on her bed and under her covers. Shawn walked back over to her bed and got on his knees as he looked under it. He moved one of her shoe boxes, and there laid Beyoncé on her back. He smiled and looked at Joi as he pulled it out.

"Look who I found baby girl."

She turned around while rubbing her eyes and they quickly lit up as her jaw dropped. She smiled wide as she ran over to me and grabbed the doll. She hugged it tight, then kissed my cheek as another tear rolled down her face, and onto the doll.

I chuckled. "Why are you still crying? I thought you wanted to find her."

"I did! I'm happy you found her. Thank you daddy." She said as she hugged me.

"You're welcome princess. You wanna eat here? or go out somewhere?"

"I have school."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"No you don't. Today's Saturday, silly." Shawn said as he poked her stomach.

I laughed. "Stop daddy!!"

"I'm not even touching you any more."

She rolled her eyes and smiled. "I want you to cook for me!"

"You wanna help?"

"Yes! I call making the cookies."

I chuckled. "Joi, cookies are for desert.. not breakfast babe."

"But I want cookies." She pouted.

"What kind?"

"Chocolate chip."

"So how about we make chocolate chip pancakes?"

"And we can get cookies later?!"

"Yes."

"Yay!!" She shouted as she jumped up and down. "Come on daddy. Let's go." She said as she dragged me down the steps.

We washed our hands, then I took out the chocolate chip pancake mix, and set it on the table.