Chapter 7

Shawn's P.O.V

I woke up to my alarm around 7:10. I stretched then walked to my bathroom and did my daily hygiene. Afterwards, I walked to Joi's room to wake her up.. but she wasn't in there.. so I figured Bey had gotten her up already. I walked downstairs and it was quiet and dark. I crept to the guests room and there laid Joi on top of Bey's tired body. I smiled and went over and tapped Joi on her back. I guess she was already up cause she immediately looked at me and smiled. She stretched her arms up, and I picked her up then quietly closed the door back so I wouldn't wake Bey. I brought Joi back upstairs to her room and laid her on her bed after kissing her cheek.

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept good daddy. How about you?"

"Great. When did you go in the room with BB?"

"Last night."

"How come?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"I just wanted to sleep down there with her." Shawn nodded his head and opened her closet.

"Go brush your teeth and wash your face while I pick out your clothes." She hopped off her bed and ran to the bathroom.

Shawn rummaged through her closet, and after a few minutes, he finally picked out a pair of light denim shorts, a short sleeve orange shirt and black sandals. She came skipping back in a few minutes later smiling as she sat on her bed and kicked her feet.

I chuckled. "What are you so happy about?"

"I'm 5. I'm always happy daddy." She said as she stepped into her shorts.

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"What's that?"

"It's like.. using irony in order to mock or convey something.." She stared at him with a blank look.

"Ugh daddy.. you and all these big words." She said as she shook her head and put her shirt on.

I chuckled. "You want me to explain it more?"

"No.. it's okay. Do you know where my orange flower headband is?"

"In my bathroom, on the sink."

"How did it get in there?"

"You tell me."

I giggled. "I don't know daddy.. that's why I asked you."

I chuckled. "I don't know either Joi.. that's why I can't tell you how it got in there."

"You're so confusing." She said as she walked towards the door.

"Where you going?"

"To get my headband."

"Put your sandals on first, then meet me downstairs." She nodded her head and did just that.

Shawn walked into the kitchen and pulled out some bacon and eggs. Joi walked in a few seconds later and grabbed the Froot Loops.

"Daddy, I want cereal."

"You sure?" She nodded her head. He put the bacon and eggs back, then grabbed the milk and a bowl, along with a spoon. "I'm going to take a shower, you gonna be okay?"

"Yes daddy. I'll be fine."

"Alright. Don't wake up BB.. let her sleep. Just come get me if you need anything." He said as he kissed her forehead.

She nodded her head, and he walked upstairs to his room where he stripped from out of his pajamas, and got into the shower. Afterwards, he went into his closet and picked out a white shirt, camouflage shorts and black nikes. He put on a silver chain and brushed his hair, then walked downstairs where Joi was standing on her stool, at the sink. She looked back at him and smiled as she got down.