Chapter 19: Hang Out

Chaeyoung

She was speechless. Her lips movedyet no words came out. Then she did the strangest thing. She laughed. Huge, loud and delightful peals of laughter. It sliced through the tension that filled this room. She clapped her hand over her mouth, smiling gleefully while fat tears rolled down her newly pinked cheeks, still she laughed. Her voice rang in my ear like a jingle bells. I stared at her, she laughed so delicately, like the flow of the river and her smile was so beautiful, even more pretty than her.

It was a sound I'd never heard from herand while I had to admit, her laughter was highly infectious----I wasn't amused at why she was laughing. I leaned back, crossing my arms. "I don't find this a laughing matterMiss Myoui," I thought hearing me refer to her formally would snap her out of her hysteria because that was what it had to be. The only effect it seemed to have on her though was, she laughed harder. Frustrated, I slammed my hand on the granite. "Mina!" It wasn't the fact that she was laughing that annoyed me but was the fact that she laughed at my proposal.

She slumped against the counter, wiping her eyes. She glanced over at meand it started all over. Her laughter doubled. I shoved off the chair and strode toward her, not certain what I would do when I got there. Shake her? Slap her? I grabbed her armsand without another thought thencrashed my mouth to hers, effectively silencing her lunacy. That strange warmth crept down my spine as I yanked her tight to my body and kissed her. I used every bit of frustration she made me feel to punish her into silence. Except it didn't feel like punishment. It felt like pleasure. Hotpulsating pleasure.

With a groan, I jerked back, my chest heaving. "Are you finished?" I growled. She gazed up at me, finally silent then nodded. "At the risk of starting you off again Mina, will you marry me?"

"No." She stated with conviction.

I shook her slightly. "You said you would if we had to."

With a sigh, she surprised me again. She cupped my cheeks, her fingers stroking my skin. "Has anyone ever told you how impetuous you are, Dearest?"

"Spontaneity has served me well." I raised my brow.

"I'd call it hot-headed, but you call it whatever floats your boat." A smirk tugged on her lips, "Chaeyoung,think about it. Think it through. If your instinct is rightand Mrs Eri is suspicious and you marry me right now, it will make her more sonot less."

I stared into her brown earthy eyes,her words sinking into my brain. I stepped back, her hands dropping from my face as I realized she was right. "Well, fuck"

She smiled and propped her chin in the palm of her hand, "I'm right, you know I am."

I hated to admit it, but she definitely had a point. "Yes, you are."

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" she teased.

"Don't push your luck." I narrowed my eyes, giving her a warning glare. She grinned and it occurred to me, she was no longer frightened of me. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. I sighed, massaging my temple "We are going to readdress this issueMina"

She pushed off the counter, skirting around me. "Then we'll talk about it later." She lifted the magazines, tucking them under her arm. "I have some things to read. I'm going to get some ideas for my room."

She started to walk awayand I held out my hand to stop her leaving. I was reminded by something that had been bothering me lately, "While you're at it, call the building super. Something is wrong with my bedroom door."