Chapter 32: Wave

Nayeon

I woke up to the door bell ringing nonstop, and its chimes resonating throughout the rooms of the entire house, becoming more intense and louder. The constant ear splitting noise made my head throbbed. What was it that was so important? It was still early in the morning. The ring stopped for a while then continued. Finally, I flung back the duvet and climbed out onto the soft carpet, grabbing a white silk robe and easily slipped into it. I walked downstairs to answer the door and there was my fiancee.

She had her arm raised, seemingly about to knock the door. She dropped her arm when she saw me and huffed. Her lips were drawn tight and her eyes glared with anger, "I admit it. I was careless" She began randomly. I arched my brows, demanding an explanation, "You talked as if you were going to do anything you could to block the news from leaking. Now I realized, you only said it to prevent me on taking any action. What do you gain from doing this? Is it fun?"

What was this weirdo barking? I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against against the door frame, "I'm not sure what this is all about but you are taking your anger out on the wrong person"

"Wrong person?" She snickered. Advancing one step at a time, she leaned closer. I was used to heels. I hadn't been aware of her commanding height until she completely towered over me with a thunderous expression on her face. She slid her hand behind my neck and gave it a shrap tug. The force lifted me up on tiptoe, almost losing my balance but she had me held tight as she wrapped an arm around my waist. My face tilted up, meeting her gaze. I stood my ground, not flinching, not backing down from her glare. Though I hadn't noticed how tense my muscles were.

She drew me closer until our noses almost touched and I could feel the heat of her breath on my cheek. It was---uncomfortable. But that didn't bother me. What did was the ragged rhythm of my own breathing and the startled intake of breath she took in response. For a while, neither of us spoke. We stared deep into each other's eyes. I was questioning her behaviour while she studied me with dark, accusing eyes.

"If I didn't know better, I would have thought you are saying the truth" She shook her head, a mocking grin curved on her face, "It frightens me when I think of the large measure of such hypocrisy you have to endure in all the boring years which you have selfishly and ruthlessly sacrifices other people to cater to your self-importance"

"They are right, every rumor, every controversy. I foolishly thought that you are not as bad as they said. That there are kindness in you. That you might be misunderstood. But now I learn, you are exactly like how they said. You abandon people when they have no use to you anymore. You hurt people for absolutely no reason just because you find it amusing. You are one frightening woman. You scares the hell out of me" She whispered against my lips and pulled away, letting me go harshly.