Chapter 1: Personal Asistant

Chaeyoung

"I heard a lot about you while I'm not here Chaeyoung" The old man hinted as he lounged over his office chair. My eyes stayed fixed over his face, still smouldering underneath his stony expression. His rages seem pointless to me, although I never say so. Disappointment and anger carved on the map of wrinkles on his face. The old man was swimming in the tidewater of his seventh decade. He was weary, mean and cranky and surprisingly agile for his age. Something that I hoped not. Even if he died in front of me, due to a stroke or heart attack, I doubt that I even care. He was once a man I feared the most, but no longer now.

"I've changed" I lied, in fact, I never did or wanted to. The eyes that stared back to me were red and dark as if he was swallowing me whole just by the gaze. I had my hands tightly clasped on my back as I stood across him separated by his office desk. I was glad the table existed, creating distance between us. I could feel blood filling my mouth as I continued gnawing the inside of my cheeks, staring intently to the glassy nameplate in front wrote 'Son Min Ki, CEO. Son Enterprise' The only thing I desired in my life. His position.

My eyes twitched as I caught his movement. The old man took the walking cane beside him--not that he actually needed it--and walked around the table then to the nearest shelf where his achievements and trophy were neatly showed case, also something else. My stomach knotted up, I felt nausea. At the edge of the shelf was a Kendo armour along with a bamboo sword, Shinai.

Adrenaline suddenly floods my system, It pumped and beat like I was trying to escape, I wanted to escape.
He took the helmet and threw it to me, the force was enough to take my breath away as it met my stomach. I unconsciously crouched in pain, biting my lips. I inhaled before standing up, gripping the helmet tightly, my knuckles might have turned white.

"Wear it" He ordered and put down his walking cane. See, he never needed it. It was only a facade to fool everyone to portrayed that he was a weak, kind, generous old man and meant no harm to anyone. What joke. "I said, wear it" He spat, grabbing the Shinai and walked to me.

Without any complaint, I wore it. I knew what was coming, hadn't been receiving it for months. Though I'm used to the punishment, somehow, it always ripped my gut when I had to face it, like what happened now. I closed my eyes, a few seconds later a powerful thrust went through my head, felt as if my skeleton had split into two, then another and another.

I took off the helmet and spouted blood from the overflowed red liquid soaking my tongue. I stayed on the ground, one hand rest against my bent right knee close to my chest. Bruised and winded, my vision wasn't clear, hell I couldn't even open my left eye due to the heavy lump of a bruise. I didn't know whether it was blood or sweat that was dripping from my forehead to my lips then to my chin, I guessed it mixed together. I wondered how I didn't pass out.