Chapter 11: Cinderella

Cinderella.

That described the best metaphor. I was, in fact, a poor girl, the Blackpink was my fairy Godmother and this luxury won't last forever. I sighed, staring at my reflection in the mirror. They really did a masterpiece. I stood up, transfixed by my own appearance. They didn't change who I am, all the makeup and accessories matched and complimented my body, my face instead of caging my soul inside a
stranger skin. I was wearing a long maroon one-shoulder split dress with black ankle strap heels.

The process wasn't long as I expected, as if they know exactly what they wanted to do and what fits me the best, once they examined me thoroughly. We talked along the time or precisely, they were the one that kept the conversation alive while I'm mostly listening and observing. I even learned their name, the hairdresser was Lisa, the makeup artist was Jisoo and lastly, the jeweller was Rosé. I searched them on the internet and they were really well-known in the fashion and beauty community.

Apparently, this was their first time to come to South Korea since they were primarily active only in Europe and Australia. They asked for permission to upload my pictures on their site to promote and display their another creation. I, of course gave them. They soon left, with an offer to be their model. I was baffled but they assured me that I could contact them whenever I decided to try it.

It was already quarter past seven and I waited patiently for Chaeyoung. The doorbell rang and I jumped out of the couch, taking the white Gucci Marmont purse with me. I opened the door and was taken aback when it wasn't someone that I am expecting. Wearing a grey suit. His hair had it gunmetal grey, perfectly styled and lush. He had a wizened face with a beard that was well-trimmed. He stood straight up, with a walking cane on hands.

"Ch--Chairman" I stuttered, surprised and nervous. Everyone would. The Chairman was highly respected and influential. It wasn't just his position and the power he held but also the way he portrayed a higher and unachievable level of simply appearing more than others, more than oneself. He mirrored Chaeyoung. They naturally had the force to intimidate you by the way they brought themselves. Their stern gaze, their posture, their behaviour, their thinking, their words were impactful. I watched as the Chairman's face softened and formed a small smile. He might notice how tense I was.

"Are you ready? Chaeyoung will come late. I'm here to fetch you. You do not mind to come with this old man right?" He joked, or was it a supposed to be a tease. I had no idea. He was known for his professionalism and reserved personality. He didn't talk much, seldomly interacts. He only said things that connected with business and declined interviews that highlighted his personal life.

I was once forced to interview him by my senior in the magazine company I used to work. I really thought he would reject it but the Chairman surprisingly agreed. It was the first time we met and he offered me to work in the Son Group. Without thinking twice, I accepted since it was a huge opportunity and I also wanted to escape from my sarcastic and mean senior. I'm not sure if I was thankful now because my current boss, Ms Son turned out to be thousands time worst.