Chapter 14: God Littlest Angel

Chaeyoung

I pulled the car to the front yard and took the rose bouquet with me. I had stopped in a flower shop to buy one and prepare everything beforehand. It was just normal for a person to give her romantically special someone a gift. I had to put the act. I brought the flower closer and inhaled, smelling it. It was radiating with raspberry fragrance. Sweet and relaxing. Flowers indeed nice. It bloomed in glory not until it withered. Their once beautiful petals curling at the edges, their stalks went limp and it died over time.

I hated it, the sight of the petals slowly falling off. It somehow filled me with emotions, despair and misery. I preferably admire their beauty from afar where they scattered around in the garden. Where they belonged with true roots, nurtured by mother earth. It would be great if I could come close and see them in a short distance. However, flowers attract insects that stopped me from appreciating it up close. I had a complicated connection with flowers overalls. Shrugging it off, I entered the house and saw Mina back facing me as she sat on the couch. She was watching the television, specifically a solo contemporary dance performance. She seemed so immersed in it to notice me.

I took a seat beside her and touched her arm, calling for her attention. She flinched then turned to me, "Oh you're here" she stated the obvious and turned off the television.

I nodded, "Yes, since a few minutes ago. Are you ready?" She took my extended hand and I brought her to her feet. "Here, for you" I gave her the bouquet which likely caught her off guard. It was hidden behind me all time.

She smiled, "Thank you"

I waited as she walked to the kitchen and put the flower inside a vase. She returned a few moments later then slipped her handbag. My eyes briefly scanned her all-around appearance. She was wearing a black blouse paired with short ripped jeans. She had an edgy look which surprisingly suited her. I'd never seen her in this kind of outfit. Her hair was styled in a loose curls.

 Her hair was styled in a loose curls

Ruby Jane did an incredible job in filling her closet and dressing her. I settled beside Mina and hooked an arm around her waist. We walked out together, greeted by Hoon which Mina answered with a smile. I opened the passenger seat for her and she blinked for a while before entering. I jogged to the driver seat and drove off. She was quiet during the ride, we were quite.

The light was red and that was when I glanced at her before leaning to her side, pulling the glove compartment and took out two tickets. Enlightened her about our activity today would make everything easier. She eyed me with curiosity before I handed her the printed and signed paper. She read it over. "I thought we are going to have a date. What's with the ticket? Are we going somewhere?"

I tapped my forefinger against the steering wheels and arched my brow. "Your fiancée is Son Chaeyoung, let me remind you and I don't do petty date. We'll go on a cruise"