Chapter 50: The End

Chaeyoung

Aomori City Port, Japan

I gazed at the pink petal in my hand, releasing a sigh before delicately placing it inside my small notebook. The sun was beginning to set as I stood near the gangway, overseeing the passengers as they reboarded the ship after a day ashore. Most passengers had returned, but there was one family, a Western family, who had yet to board.

I instructed the Safety and Compliance Officer to give the family a call to ensure they were aware of the departure time. But just as Mr Ogura was about to make the call, I caught sight of the family approaching the port. That was a relief. I watched as the family hurriedly made their way towards the gangway. As they finally boarded the cruise, I greeted them with a warm smile, "Welcome back. We were just about to call you," I said.

The family, consisted of a married couple, I assumed and their daughter. A bit out of breath, they apologised for being late. I told them that all was well and that they had made it in time. The woman with a friendly demeanor, smiled appreciatively. "Thank you for waiting. We lost track of time exploring the local market."

I chuckled. "It happens to the best of us. We're just glad you made it back before we set sail again."

The man chimed in, "Your crew has been so accommodating. We're having a wonderful time on this cruise."

I nodded. "I'm delighted to hear that. We want to ensure you have a memorable experience. Enjoy the rest of your evening on board." With the family safely back on board, I signaled for the gangway to be raised, and the ship set sail for its next destination. I watched them walk away, my gaze lingering on the daughter. She was that familiar passenger. She appeared uninterested, not rushing to board or acknowledging my presence, only sparing me a disgust glance. Her parents carried groceries bags, but she was empty-handed, leading the way as if she were the head of the family.

I turned to Mr. Ogura, "They are our VVIP guests, and I heard they are well-known. Who are they?" I inquired.

"They are the Filip Family from House of Berrend, Netherlands," he replied.

"House of Berrend from Netherlands," I mused, rubbing the edge of my brow, "The nobility?"

"Yes," he confirmed.

I had encountered the nobility on a previous trip, and if I'm not mistaken there was none called Filip Family. something about this situation didn't sit right with me. "No, that's not them."

"They are registered on our cruise as the Filip family, and we had confirmed it with the House of Berrend, the head family himself," Mr. Ogura reiterated.

"Perform a background check, not as a family, but as individuals," I ordered, my intuition gnawing at me. Something felt wrong. Why would they fabricate their background? The fact that they had come this far with false identities was even more surprising. They seemed either like fraudsters or.......the fact that House of Berrend helped them could mean one thing. I had studied the woman earlier. She wore a floor-length, flowing gown crafted from the finest silk. The dress was adorned with intricate embroidery and delicate sequins that sparkled with each step she took. Around her neck, she wore a cascade of diamonds and gemstones dangled from a platinum chain. The centerpiece was an extraordinary, rare blue diamond.

The Son Group was specialised in fashion industries.

That necklace.....

I hoped I was mistaken.