Chapter 22: Green-Eyed Rabbit

Chaeyoung

"Customers are loyal to brands that align with their beliefs. To celebrate Pride Month, we launched a marketing campaign with a message: Flying Bird" I spoke, leaning over the microphone on the podium and pointed to the next slide. Board members, investors, VIP customers, influencers, had their eyes on the presentation. I continued, playing a video commercial my team had been working on.  

"As everyone can see, the video follows several influencers from the LGBTQIA+ community as they put on their makeup, dance, visit the beach, kiss, and so on. The purpose of the campaign is to promote freedom and acceptance amongst the community" I emphasized more on the effects of the campaign as a whole, and how it could benefit the brands.   

I made my last statement and peered into the crowd, "We had been receiving a lot of positive feedback from the campaign. We shouldn't be afraid to make our values known, to tackle the big issues. Even if we risk isolating some customers, the sense of belonging and the brand loyalty that comes with it may be worthwhile. Thank you"

There were a few seconds of awkward silence before the crowd reluctant applauded. I was relieved it was over, at least one step ahead. The room lightened up and I put the computer away. I walked to the back of the conference hall. I was greeted and congratulated that the campaign was a big success. I glanced over and saw few people crowding her. 

Five months. We'd been together for five months. The probation period was over. I am now a permanent staff and qualified for the successor formality. There hadn't been any information about the rivalry nor the projects that Jeongyeon and I would be assigned respectively. It must be still under discussion between The Hirai, Son Group and Im Group. I could use this free time to get on with the wedding. It was around the corner, all of the preparations were complete. There was no need to procrastinate, the faster the ceremony, the easier it'd be for me.

Mina performed well until now.
Sometimes, I wondered how much she was affected by the act that had been going on and on for months. She was facing social anxiety, though it didn't seem to be that serious. I knew she hated attention and crowd, but she always managed to pull herself together. I wondered if she ever felt distressed and tired. It crossed my mind a couple of times whenever I saw her interacting with outsiders, strangers she didn't even know in an event we had to attend. To say that I'm worried about her state and well-being, yes I did. If she was not in a good condition, I was also affected, my plan would be at great risk.

As more people started to gather around her, I made a beeline towards them. Mina was good, but we never know. I needed to make sure she didn't have the thought to quit or made mistakes. Since now, it was a crucial time. I had to be careful, extra careful. No blunder was allowed. We had to be the happiest, sweetest couple everyone envied.

"Sweetheart," I called and cupped her face in two hands, forcing her to meet my eyes. I moved my hands around her hips and pulled her sharply towards me. She turned to the side and held my gaze. I leaned closer, was about to claim her mouth when she abruptly pinched my lips together. I frowned.

She chuckled and glanced to the employees who were laughing at us, particularly at me."People are watching," She grinned then pecked my lips, "Later at home, okay?"

I laughed awkwardly and rubbed my nape. What had gotten into me? That was so uncalled for. I'd tensed up because of the upcoming rivalry project. It could be me that made a blunder at this point. The marketing manager, Mr Lee tapped on my shoulder with a teasing smile, "Take it easy, this is still an official meeting. Why are you so in rush?" He winked.