I'll Try Harder

Chapter 59

After showering, I put on the 5sos hoodie which was really baggy on me. Looking at my reflection through the mirror in my bathroom was weird. It's a new bathroom, so I didn't have to be reminded of things. I felt bad for what I did. I put so many people through a lot of pain. I walked downstairs and Ashton was filling his water bottle up with the britta.

"Ready to go?" He asked looking at me while screwing on the lid. I nodded.

We walked outside to the car and I sat in the front seat before Ashton eventually sat in the drivers seat because he was grabbing something. He was acting a little suspicious, but I just assumed it was because of the move.

"Calum said he might spend the night! So maybe a movie night? How does that sound?" Ash said pulling out of the garage and pressing the button to open the gate.
"Yeah, what do wanna watch?"
"We'll ask Cal, and if not, we can just check whatever's on Netflix."

The drive was short and we pulled in front of his gate around seven minutes later. Calum came out and had a big smile. It had been a while since we've seen him.

"Hey guuuuuysss!" Cal said getting in the back seat. "What's goin' on Val." He said while ruffling his hands in my hair.

Lunch was at a vegan restaurant because Cal is vegetarian and Ash has been making me eat healthier. I like vegan food though. The restaurant was quiet. We finished in about two hours and left to go back to our place. It was already getting a little late since I woke up at 12pm and we didn't leave until 2pm to pick up Calum.

"You guys haven't finished unpacking yet?" Cal said walking through the hall probably noticing the empty look and boxes.
"Not yet, we're still trying to get used to it..." Ashton said putting his arm around me.

I went upstairs to change out of my jeans into sweatpants to be more comfortable. We decided to just binge watch the entirety of Breaking Bad. We made popcorn and had some candy and snacks tucked away for special events, but this was definitely a special event.

All of us fell asleep in the living room, which felt like old times when I was first adopted. Ash rolled to the floor sometime in the night while I laid closest to arm rest and Calum was half on the couch and half on the floor.

I got up and walked into the kitchen. Time on the oven said 7:43am, early. I grabbed some bread and walked over to the closet in the hall to grab a blanket for Ashton. Calum had stolen mine in the middle of the night, so I wasn't too concerned about him getting cold. I draped the blanket over Ash when suddenly he woke up.

"What are you doing?" He said groggy with his eyes still kind of closed.
"Thought you might get cold."
"Sit down." Ash said sitting up.

I sat down across from him and also covered myself with the blanket.

"You've been quiet. And haven't been talking much."
"I'm sorry." I said looking at the floor.
"No, you don't have to apologize. I just want you to talk to me and tell me if something's wrong." Ashton said sweetly.
"I'll try harder, I promise." I said closing my eyes.

This won't stay long.