I Felt Safe

Chapter 10

We walked into the car and Calum sat on my right while Michael sat on my left. Ashton drove and Luke sat in the passenger's seat. We started to drive and Michael leaned over to say something to me.

"If they come back, tell me." Michael whispered and I nodded. The car ride was not that long as I thought it would be. We pulled up the drive way and stopped the car. I worried they were going to come back the minute I stepped out of this car. Michael got out first, staring at me making sure I am okay. I stepped out of the car. Everything was okay. I walked up to the door and stopped. I heard mumbling from them. Over and over. All of the names I have been called. Ugly, cunt, whore, everything. I turned to see Michael behind me. I ran up to him and hugged him as he held me tight. "He doesn't love you still." My father's voice echoed through. I ignored it. I felt safe with the boys. If I was alone, I worried about it.

The rest of the boys looked at us and were confused. Michael helped me up to my room and he went downstairs probably to tell them.

"Aha, like he EVER cares."
"Fucking stop."
"Valerie, you poor child. You are worthless and honestly believe the boys care. Have you checked their comments on social media? Even their fans hate you. You are a worthless piece of shit."
"Just fucking go away and stop! I will refuse to let you control my life. Sure, you did before. I loved you both before you both became addicts and honestly I regret all of that affection I showed you because you never showed any back. Leave. Now."
"Honey,-"
"Don't FUCKING call me honey, darling, love, sweetie, ANY OF THAT! You fucking worthless ass cunts! LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I screamed the last part. All the boys barged in seeing me in tears. They ran in and hugged me. "Sshhh...we're here now."
Luke whispered.

"Why won't they just leave me alone!" I cried in Calum's chest while Michael rubbed my back comfortingly and Ashton rubbed circles in my palm with his gentle thumb. Luke whispered words to help. We all layed there as a family. Something I have never had before. Something I appreciated. This moment was appreciated dearly. To have all of us together. I felt safe.