Afraid of Losing Her

Chapter 48
Ashton's POV

I received a text from Clara stating that Valerie wasn't taking the whole situation well. Well no shit, she was being taken away. Clara sent me her address because she thought it would be best if I talked to Val without the lawyer or court knowing.

On my way there, my phone buzzed. I stopped at a stoplight and saw that it was from Val. I quickly opened it and saw it said 'I love you, I'm sorry'. I clicked the telephone icon to call her, but every time it would just ring and ring with no answer.

A few minutes later, I found the house and parked on the street. With a fast pace, I walked up to the door because I was worried about what she texted me. Clara opened the door and I could hear the water running from the back of the house.

"Hello Mr. Irwin, Valerie is in the shower right now but she won't answer me when I knock." Clara said looking concerned.

"Yeah, she sent me a text like ten minutes ago but it was strange. What happened?" I said still looking at the bathroom door worried. I had a bad feeling.

"Well the television was turned on and they mentioned your name as well as showed pictures and I turned it off and she screamed and raced into her room." She said.

"Okay, well let's see if she answers the door." I said quickly walking to the door.

I knocked. No answer. I knocked again but this time I called out here name. No answer. Clara came by and handed me a bobby pin to try and unlock the door with. I finally did it, but when I opened the door, it was blocked by something there. I looked through the small opening and saw a pill bottle rolled in the corner.

"Oh my god." I panicked and opened the door sharply to find Valerie lying on the floor.

"Baby please wake up." I cried and held her in my arms. Clara started calling 911.

The bathroom was fogged up from the hot shower. Valerie's face was pale. Sitting her up, I shoved my fingers down her throat to make the pills come out. She coughed and it felt like some sort of life was still in her. A few minutes later the ambulance came and placed her on a stretcher.

I jumped in the ambulance and held her hand as they worked on her. Her face was calm, it glowed through the tear stains. Her cold hand only moved when the ambulance shook. It was ice cold besides the fact that it was warm outside.

I was afraid of losing her, but I didn't think it would be this way.