Bad Dreams

Chapter 31

I couldn't move, couldn't scream, all I could do is cry and listen.

"They don't need you"
"Stop..." I tried to say but nothing came out.
"They don't even care about you" They taunted again.
"Leave me alone, please!" Again, nothing came out.
"Do you really think that they love you that much?" They said.

It was cold, the ground. Nothing could be seen because of how dark it was in there. All you could hear were my sobs and their voices echoing through the room.

"Something is going to happen to you and they won't care, they'll shrug it off and go on with things more important."
"I'm begging you, please stop" I tried.

I felt as though I was going to die. I wanted to die...

"Valerie."

"Valerie!"
☁️☁️☁️
"Valerie!" Ashton said again.

I woke up in panic. Sweating, panting, crying. It was still dark outside.

"Val, it's okay. It's all over now." Ash said holding me.
"I..."
"Shh it was only a dream. Go back to sleep."
"I can't do it. They'll be there!"
"I will stay right here now go to sleep."

A couple hours later I woke up and Ashton was still there right next to me, asleep. I got up carefully and went downstairs. I opened the back door and sat on one of the chairs and looked at the sky. The sun had rose a while ago. The birds were chirping and flying in the sky.

"There you are." I turned my head and saw Ash. He sat down next to me.
"Hey." I pulled a quick smile.
"Do you want to talk about your dream?"
"No." I responded quickly.
"I think you will feel better if yo-"
"I don't want to talk about it, Ashton." I said firmly.
"Okay, that's fine."

I got up from my seat and walked inside. He stayed out there. I got upstairs and walked into my room to take a shower.

Once I was in the shower, I began tearing up. I looked down at my body. All of the scars made by myself and so many other people. Tears had been streaming down my face.

Why would anyone do this? Why was it so hard for people to love me? Why do they still come? When will I stop having those dreams? Why do the boys act like they care about me?

"You know how to fix it all" They said.