My First Day

Chapter 28

My alarm had been set for 6:30 am. I got up and looked in the mirror. "I can do this" I said to myself. I got in the shower and got dressed.

The day before we went out and bought school supplies which was pretty fun, not gonna lie. Ashton said that if I wanted to join any extracurricular activities I could. I'm pretty shy so I don't know.

I was ready by 7:45 am and Ashton and I got into the car. School starts at 8:15 am and it was close by so I wasn't worried at all.

"Good luck, Val. Behave and be nice. Text me of something goes wrong, okay? I love you!" He said as we pulled up.
"Love you too." I smiled and got out of the car.

I sighed as I looked at the school. I started walking up to the gates and saw hundreds of kids walking around. I was extremely scared. As I headed my way towards the office, many kids stared at me but I ignored it. Hanging out with the boys in public and the crowds of fans have taught me not to get so worried over it so I wasn't at all.

The principal greeted me when I got into the office and she handed me my schedule and a little paper with my locker code on it. She told me not to be worried and not be shy to make friends. I nodded and told her thank you.

As I stepped out, I realized that this was going to be a new experience for me. I walked to my locker and looked at my schedule. My first class was history. I opened my locker and grabbed everything I need and headed over to English class.

Once I saw the English class door, I walked in and immediately was getting stares. I looked down the entire time and headed over to an empty seat. I fiddled with my fingers and tried to ignore all of the talking and stares. The teacher finally walked in and told us to settle down.

"Hello class, so, as you may have noticed, we have a new student. Valerie, please stand up." The teacher said and I stood up. I heard whispers from a few girls.

"I expect you all to be nice and make her feel welcome, okay?" He said to them all.

"Yes Mr. Johnson." The class said and I sat down.

The class begun and it was all pretty easy. Giving I enjoy reading, I was okay with everything. I thought hey this might be like my favorite class.

Once lunch came around I was absolutely terrified. There was no place for me to sit. The cafeteria was huge and full of so many people. I got my food and walked around hoping to find an empty table for me to sit at.

Finally, I did and I sat down. I was extremely terrified and felt like crying so I brought out my book that I brought from home. While reading it, it calmed me down and helped me ignore everything else.

School ended and I didn't have a lot of homework because I finished most of it during school. I walked outside the gate and waited for Ashton.

The car pulled up but this time with all four of them in it. I opened the door and got into the car and they all stared and smiled at me.

"Soooo, how was it?" Calum asked.

"Eh" I responded.

"What's "eh"?" Ashton asked and I shrugged.

"Did you make any friends?" Luke asked.

"It's my first day, I am not going to make friends that quick." I said.

"Were people nice to you at least?" Michael asked.

"They stared and talked about me." I responded.

"It's okay though, it is only your first day. maybe it will all start to look better tomorrow, who knows." Ashton said looking at me. I nodded.

"Are you hungry at all?" He asked.

"Of course I am, the cafeteria food was absolutely despicable and it made me want to throw it all up." I said and they laughed.

"Does Panda Express sound good?" Ashton asked and we all nodded.