Not the Same

Chapter 58

I woke up to my up to my phone alarm going off at 9am. I pressed stop and stared at the ceiling. It's been about two weeks since we all moved out. Ashton was constantly jittery and couldn't seem to calm down. Calum comes over every now and then to hang out. He lives with our friend, Roy. Michael and Luke are usually at their houses with Crystal and Sierra, but they still make an effort to stop by every now and then. They all have dogs which is nice to go and visit them too. It just feels weird not to have everyone together all the time.

"Are you awake?" Ashton quietly said opening my door.
"No." I responded looking at him.
"Okay, well, get ready so we can go grab Cal and get some lunch." He said before closing my door.

There were still unpacked boxes laying around my room. I got up and opened one of them to grab a hoodie from the last 5SOS tour and to get ready to shower.

The house was much smaller than the old house. I like that it's smaller, but it just makes me sad no one else is here. On one side of the house, there are two bedrooms and a bathroom. Ash's bedroom is at the end of hall and mine is right when you walk up the stairs, you see my door. There is a bathroom in Ashton's room, so my bathroom was the one in the middle of the hall. on the other side, there's a kitchen in which you can see into the living room and big glass door that opens up to the backyard in the living room. If you walk down the hall, there's a door that opens up to an office that Ashton has his computer in with other instruments. There's another little private room inside there for his drum set that is padded with material to help block out the sound. It was nice.

I walked down the hall and heard Ashton in the office. He was probably working on something so I walked into the kitchen to grab juice. Our fridge was mostly empty because we're so used to eating out and not really grabbing groceries because we can't go for the most part. I walked outside to the backyard and sat down on the bench as stared at the little plants Ashton had. The door slid open and Ash sat down next to me.

"I know you miss it." He said looking down at his feet. I stayed silent. "I think this will help both of us. We can start living normal lives...for the most part. It's not like the rest of them are just gonna ditch us, they'll still be here." He said looking at me.

He's right, but we also don't know how long this will stay.