Story Time Part 1 - Edited

Recap:

Rachel's POV

The one thing he told me not to do. The one thing that I said I wouldn’t do. Run.  I ran outside the house leaving my mother and brother inside, with Derek coming out after me.  I had just reached the street and Derek appeared right in front of me. 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“Not that way apparently.”

I turned to go the other way but he appeared there to.  Stupid vampire speed.  I held the knife in front of me.  Derek saw it and just smiled.  I got into the stance that I was taught in gym.  Derek and I faced each other and we were walking in a circling each other, waiting for one of us to make the first move.  He came at me and I moved to where the knife scrapped his arm.  He looked at his arm and growled at me, he came at me and this time I didn’t have time to react.  He knocked me to the ground.  He was pinning me to the ground and knocked the knife from my hands.  It was now lying next to me a few inches away from my hand.  I tried to reach for it, but Derek grabbed my wrist.  I started to struggle under him trying to free myself.

I stopped struggling and closed my eyes.  Closing my eyes in a fight against a vampire, stupid right.  I took a deep breath and cleared my head.  I opened my eyes and was able to flip us over to where I was now on top of him.  I looked for the knife but it was now farther away than it was before.  I looked down and Derek who soon flipped us over and was now back on top of me.  He looked down at me.  “Derek.”   Nothing.  He was gone.  He lifted my head/ neck off the ground and Derek brought his head down to my neck.  I turned my head to where our lips were only an inch apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel’s POV

I slowly closed the inch that was between us.  I didn’t know what else to do, to make him stop, to get him to come back, back to me.  Why am thinking like this, why do I feel like this towards him.  I don’t know, but I like it.  My lips met his.   He growled at the kiss, because that’s not what the animal in him wanted, it wanted blood not a kiss, but then his body froze.  His eyes slowly started to close and his lips started to move with mine.  I had been kissed before, but never like this.  His lips against mine, the way our lips moved in sync with each other, it was almost as if we were meant to be together.  He slowly pulled back and looked into my eyes as I tried to catch my breath, to even out my breathing.

“Rachel.  Why.  Why did you do that?”

“It was the only thing that I could think of.”

“I could have hurt you, killed you even.”

“Yep.  I know, wait why do you care if you hurt me or not?”

“Because I do not wish to replace another slave so soon.”

“So do you kiss all of your slaves like that?”

He ignored the question and stood up sticking his hand out to help me up off of the cold ground.  I bent over and picked up the knife that was knocked out of my hands during our fight.  We walked together in silence back to my house.  When I got to the front door I opened it slowly.  I walked into the living room to hear Jake crying from upstairs and mom trying to get him to shut up.  I ran up the stairs and into jakes room.  My mom froze when I walked in and saw Derek behind me.  She started to back up slowly.