The Parting- Edited

So this is the last chapter to this book, I am not yet sure when I will start posting chapters for the sequel as of yet, but hopefully it will be in the next month or so.  I hope that all of you will enjoy this chapter, and hopefully you will stay tuned for the sequel.  I would like to thank all of you have continued to read this book, and especialy those that have commented and or voted.  It has been fun writing this book, but now, it comes to an end.  For now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

Rachel's POV

Mom was actually playing with Jake in the living room, so Derek and I went to the basement.  

“Rachel why are we going to the basement?”

“You will see.”

I walked down the steps and turned the lights on.  A punching bag hung in one corner, while waits were in another, and a treadmill in the middle of them both.  There was also a chest full of supplies under the staircase, and a hidden tunnel, and hiding spots in here.  Memories flooded my mind and I had to close my eyes and focus on my breathing to make them stop.  After I regained myself I went to the chest to get out a few of my favorite weapons.  A few guns, daggers, and even a bow and arrows. 

“Rachel?”

“I have work tonight.”

“NO you don’t.”

I turned to look at him.  “Then what am I doing tonight?”

“More like who you are doing tonight.”

“Hahahah very funny, no.”

“I was kidding, take a break, besides wouldn’t you rather spend your time with me, I have to leave tomorrow.”

I froze, and began to put everything away.  “Tomorrow, I guess that is too expected.  Don’t want anyone to get suspicious do we?”

I felt his arms wrap around me once I put my last dagger away.  I leaned into him and placed my hands over his arms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel’s POV

I was covered in sweat, and so was Derek.  We were both out of breath, and tried hard to breath normally again.  He stared down at me, as I stared up at him, trying to breathe and slow my heart rate back down.  I am so tired, maybe this was a bad idea, but maybe it was also a good idea.  I sighed. 

“Derek?”

“Yes?”

“I’m hungry.”  He chuckled and stood up pulling me up with him.