His Strength and His Weakness- Edited

Warning:  sexual content, and fighting.  LOL

Recap:

Rachel's POV

She sat down at the end of the bed and we both looked at him.  He stood up and put his arm to his face.  He bent over and started swinging his arm back in forth along with his head. 

“A crazy person,” answered Kara.  He shook his head no and continued.  “A weird human.”  Again he shook his head no.  “An elephant.”

“Yes my smart girl,” he said and picked her up and spun her around in the air.  She started to laugh while he had that big smile on his face.  He looked at the time. 

“Alright Kara it’s time for you to go to your room and get ready for dinner.”

“Ahhh.”

“I’m sorry princess, but you know the rules.”

“Okay.”

He carried her to the door and opened it, he turned to look at me.  “Rachel could you make the bed and clean the bathroom.”

I nodded my head as he left the room.  I made the bed and walked into the bathroom.  There was a new door, and it looked the same as the last one.  I cleaned the bathtub first, then the shower.  I then cleaned the sink and counter top.  Moving on to the cabinets, I reorganized everything.  From the shampoos, conditioners, body washes, hair spray, hair gel, lotion, and even my feminine items.  I am human after all.  Once I was done I walked out and grabbed a book from his shelf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel's POV

I sat at his desk and started to read it.  It was a book about the old days.  From like the early eighteenth century.  It was interesting.  Talking about how the vampires hid from the humans at first but some let themselves be known.  What it was like for vampires back then.  They always had to hide from humans, and the hunters.  Some of the vampires had hard lives, but then again, it could be anyone, and now it’s the humans. It also talked about, how most people, used to think that they were a scary story, told to them, so that they would not stay out late. How the vampires would treat, not only themselves, but others, including humans too.  Some were kind, others, not so much.  I guess it’s not that different from how it is now.  Except the humans have to listen to the vampires now.  Well really, the humans and vampires were supposed to live in peace with each other, although that didn’t really happen.   I continued to read until I got almost half way through the book. 

I stopped because someone had covered my eyes with their hands. 

Derek’s POV

I carried Kara to her room, and then left her with one of our slaves to help dress her.  I walked down the hall to my study room.  I closed the door behind me.  I leaned against it, and pinched the bridge of my nose.  So many things to think about.  Rachel.  What will I do with Rachel?  What will father and mother think?  What will they say?  Even though she is my mate, I know that now.  The fact is that she is a slave to us, to me.  Mother might understand, but father.  Actually I’m not sure either one of them will understand, or will they.  They want someone powerful for me to marry, so that I may take the thrown.  Rachel is powerful in her own way.  Although she does not yet know if she wishes for me to change her, and I will not change her against her will.  I will let her decide, I can give her that choice, I will give her that choice.