Back Home- Edited

Recap:

Rachel's POV

“Marcus?”

“Yeah.”

“Can I ask you something important?”

“Sure, ask away.”

“While on my vacation, I heard, vampires talking about mates.”  I looked up at him, and he tensed up a little.  “How does that work, like if something happens, will the mate always come first no matter what.  Will they still protect their mate?”

He looked down at me, with an expression I have never before seen on his face, it made him seem, like he was kind.  That being a vampire was not all him.   The way he looked at me, he knew, he just knows, now.  So that two people that know. 

“No matter what happens, our mates, are the top priority.  Keeping them happy, and safe, is all that matters.”

I breathed, I didn’t know that I was holding my breath.

“Come on, let’s get you home.”

Once we reached my house, he walked me up to the front door.  I went to unlock the front door, with the house key we hid nearby, that I went and got, without Marcus looking.  I turned and gave him a hug, “thank you.”

“You are welcome, now please get some rest, and really, call me if you need anything.”

“I will, and Marcus, I like this side of you, it fits you.”

He nodded and bowed like a proper gentleman, and left.  I opened the door and walked in.  Going straight to my room I put the duffle bag on my chair in my room.  I grabbed a few items, so that I could got take a shower, in the bathroom attached to my room, and the hallway.  Then I went to the duffle bag.  Opened it, and found one of Derek’s, night shirts.  It was a button up, blue and black plaid long sleeved shirt, and it smelled like him.  I went to the bathroom and got undressed then got into the shower.  Today has been a long day, and I am in need of an all-day nap.  Getting out and doing everything else that I need to, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, etc.  Then I opened the door, to go lay down in my bed and sleep.  Turning the light off and crawling in bed, like a child, I pulled the blankets up, and fell asleep, thinking about Derek once again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Rachel’s POV

The sun was in my eyes, and I could hear the TV on down stairs.  Jake must have wanted to watch Dragon tales, because that’s what I hear.  I smiled, rubbed my face and sat up.  Opening my eyes.  I nearly jumped up ten feet.  I placed my hand over where my heart, is now trying to come out of my chest.

“First, you leave without telling me, you destroy a chair, break a window.  Second, you shoot some of my guards.  Third you take me car, and get bullet holes in it.”