Who Knew Singing I'm Not A Vampire Could Make One Angry-Edited

Recap:

Rachel’s POV

Derek thought I was asleep.  He tried not to wake me, how sweet of him.  “It’s alright I wasn’t asleep yet.”

He ran across the room and was next to me in the bed, in less than a second, wrapping his arm around my waist.  I felt my body relax.  How can he make me feel this way? 

“Goodnight Rachel, Sweet dreams.”

“Goodnight Derek.” 

I fell asleep once again in his arms, with him, with the feeling of being loved for once in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel’s POV

I woke up feeling cold.  I rolled over to see that I was the only one in the bed.  Derek must have gone to go do something.  The question though, why didn’t he wake me?  I rolled onto my stomach, trying to go back to sleep, when the door opened.  I sat up quickly, not knowing who it was, my head started spinning.  I shouldn’t sit up so quickly, the dizziness quickly passed, to see it was only Derek who came in, with my bag.

“Hey, careful there.” He spoke with a calm soothing voice, that always made me relax, but he also had a sarcastic tone. 

“What do you mean,” I didn’t know what he meant about being careful, I didn’t do anything.

“I’ve never seen a human sit up that quickly.  I wouldn’t want my new slave to hurt herself, now would I?”

“No, I guess you wouldn’t.”  So we were back to square one again, yay my life is just amazing.

He set my duffle bag on the floor next to my ‘bed’ and appeared in front of me in less than a second, I hate it when he does that.  “You don’t have to do any work today, just unpack your bag is all.”

“Really,” I was a little surprised, that he was letting me not work, for yet another day.  “Will I be getting into trouble for not working, for so many days?”

“No, you are my slave, so you do as I say.”  He even had a smirk on his face.

“Why did you have a smirk on your face as you said that?”

“Smirk, what smirk?  I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Oh yes you do.”

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do, and you know it.”  I got into his face that time, he was starting to annoy me.

“Are you challenging me?”

“Maybe I am.”