Just Another Day Being a Slave Surrounded by Vampires- Edited

Recap:

Rachel's POV

“Who’s there?”

A man stepped out from the darkness, with blood all over his face, and onto his cloths.  He lunged for me.  He grabbed me, and pulled me to my feet.  Soon there were multiple hands holding me, I tried to fight them, but there were too many.  I screamed for Derek, but he never came.  The man went for my neck and a blood curdling scream left my body. 

I sat up, my hand flying to my chest, feeling my speeding heart beat hard against my chest.  A hand touched my back and jumped.  Then there was a voice. “Rachel, it’s okay, I’m here.”

It was only Derek, and it was only a dream.  I leaned into him.  “Tell me what is wrong.”

“Just a bad dream is all.”

“Want to talk about it?”

“No...”  I shook my head, and laid it on his shoulder.  He kissed the top of my head, “I got you.”

I nodded.  “It felt so real.” It was barely above a whisper.  “He killed her.”

“Who killed who?”

“He killed my friend.”

“He was only a dream.”

“He killed me.”  I looked into his eyes then. 

He took my face in his hands, “I will never let that happen.”

He kissed my forehead, and held me in his arms.  I held onto him as if my life depended on it, why is that my dreams always feel real?  Taking a deep breath, I tried to relax myself.

“Rachel try to go back to sleep, you have to get up in a few hours.”

I nodded as he laid us back down, this time with me on his chest.  I kissed his cheek, and then closed my eyes, knowing that I was safe in his arms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel’s POV

The next morning I woke to find that I was alone.  I hit the alarm clock to turn it off, and got up.  Once I was ready, I grabbed the note that was on Derek’s desk.  Yay fun, chores. 

Library, Laundry room, guest rooms, on the second floor, and dining room.

            P.S. I am sorry that I had to leave early, I will see you soon, and try not to cause any trouble.

 Great the Dining room again.  Me cause, trouble, never.  Just kidding, trouble always seems to find me.  I put my hair up and walked out of the room, towards the library.  Once there I went to the guard in charge.  He gave me directions of what to do, and then pushed me, to get busy.  Walking around, finding the correct places for each book, and then walking back to get more.  These vampires must like to read.  Walking towards the kid section, I saw Kara, with a woman.  The woman turned around to look at me, Derek’s mother.  I nodded to her, as she passed.  Kara said hello to me, I responded with “Have a good day Princess.”  She giggled and grabbed her mother’s hand.  I finished in the library and then walked to the laundry room.