First taste - Edited

Recap:

Derek’s POV

A few of the older slaves came out and served the dinner my mother had requested along with glasses of blood.  We ate in silence like every other night.  After dinner I walked to my room to find Rachel asleep at the desk.  I smiled she actually looked cute.  I picked her up and laid her on my bed under the covers.  I walked back over to the laptop to log off and shut it down when I saw what she had been looking at.  It was vampires she had looked up vampires on almost every site she could.  I logged out and shut it down.  Man this girl is weird she isn’t like the other slaves that I have had before I myself or nick or my other friends would end up eating them.  I took a shower and then laid down next to Rachel, and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek’s POV

I woke to my alarm going off. So I rolled over to see what time it was, the clock showed that it was 5a.m.  About to get up and out of bed Rachel rolled over and threw her arm around my waist.  I let out a low chuckle.  She seems to be an interesting human indeed.  I did not wish to move, for she looked adorable when she was sleeping, but unfortunately I had things to do, as did she.  I removed her arm from around my waist and got dressed and ready for another day of this long life of mine.  It was 5:15 when I walked over to her sleeping body, and shook her awake.  She jumped slightly before looking up at me while wiping the sleep from her eyes. 

“What is it?”  She asked, sleep coated in her voice, it actually made me feel something in this stone heart of mine.

“Rachel it is time for you to get up.”

Rachel’s POV

“What,” I looked at his clock it said that it was 5:16 a.m.  I looked up at Derek like he was crazy, like he had lost his mind.  “It is 5:16 in the morning, are you crazy.”

“Rachel you need to get up now.”  He spoke with a hint of irritation.

“Why can’t I have just 5 more minutes?”

“You may have five more minutes to live, if you do not get out of this bed.”
I got up, or more like jumped out of bed; not wanting to find out if he was speaking the truth or not.  “Okay, okay.  I’m up.”  I stumbled my way to the bathroom to pee.  I came out with Derek still sitting on the bed.