Chapter 25

ALEX

"Jalissa." I sighed sitting on the corner of her bed. She was curled up in a ball under the covers scrolling through her phone.

She didn't say anything.

"I talked to Eli.", I continued, "And he told me everything. I know it's a lot to take in, but you can't just shut him out. It's been three days and all you've done is lay in this bed, and ignore everybody."

She didn't say anything again.

"This is getting ridiculous." I stood up. "Get up." I said pulling the blankets off her.

She looked at me like I was crazy and pulled a headphone out of her ear. "What the hell?"

"Oh shit. I didn't know you had head phones in my bad."

She looked at me for a moment and then focused her attention back to her phone.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

She looked at me and then back to her phone.

"So you're just going to ignore me?" I asked

"Fine." I sighed throwing my hands up in frustration and walked out the room.

"Good luck." I whispered to Eli. He was going to try and take a crack at it. After days of being ignored, he had enough and came over.

He nodded his head and walked in. I followed him and closed the door behind us.

"Baby..", he said. For the first time she paid anybody some attention. She sat up slowly and looked at him. He sat on the bed in front of her.

"I've been calling you." He continued. "I know I told you I was going to give you time, but I don't know how much time I can take."

Tears filled up in her eyes.

"Don't cry." He whispered and pulled her into a hug.

I couldn't believe how emotional Jalissa was being right now. She wasn't even this emotional when the whole Erik situation went down.

She put her head in his chest and he rubbed her back.

"Jalissa...baby I'm here. Nothing is going to happen to you. NOTHING. I promise." He reassured her.

"I'm gonna give y'all some alone time." I said and slipped out the door.

I sighed as I walked into the guest bedroom. Marcus sat up on the bed immediately. "Did she say anything?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Barely."

Marcus shook his head silently. "I hope she's okay."

"I do too." I said sitting on the bed beside him. He leaned over and lay his head on my thigh. I stroked his hair, and disappeared deep into my thoughts. I was so worried for my bestfriend at this moment. I had been scared for my life too, but Jalissa was horrified. All I could do was be here for her.

For all Jalissa's mom Andrea knew was that he had threatened her again. She demanded she go to the police so that they could file a report, but instead Jalissa stayed in her bed and didn't speak to anybody.

"I love you Alex." Marcus said rubbing my leg.

"I love you too babe." I said bending over and kissing the side of his head.

-

ELIJAH
----------

I grabbed my keys off the counter and headed out the door. I was tired as ever. It was our first day back to school and I had stayed up all night waiting for Jalissa to fall asleep on FaceTime.