Chapter 16

"Lissa!" Alex said shaking me, so I would wake up. I rose slowly with a confused look on my face.

"What?" I asked looking down at the clock on my phone, that read 9 o'clock.

"Mommy just left. Let's go out to breakfast."

I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up fully. "Where'd she go?" I wondered.

Alex shrugged. "I don't know."

I threw the covers off of my legs to get out of bed. I walked into my bathroom and turned on my shower. "You want to go to Roscoe's?" I yelled to Alex from my bathroom.

"What's that?" she asked.

I chuckled slightly. "Roscoes Chicken & Waffles man!"

"Never been there." She responded.

"Me and mommy have been there a few times while we been down here. It's pretty good." I told her.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever."

"Oh! And I want to go to the mall." I added, indirectly telling her to dress for the occasions.

I walked to my bed and picked up my phone. I hit the home button. I frowned when I seen no text from Eli. I tossed my phone back on the bed and walked back into the bathroom to take my shower.

When I got out. I did my usually lotion routine. I pulled my hair up into a high messy bun as drips of water slid down.

I went to my closet and decided on some denim blue jeans. A grey shirt that was intentionally over sized with a small pocket on my left breast. I put on a grey belt with some grey and white sandals. I decided to let my hair be down and natural today. There was an unintentional part in it, where there was more hair to the right side.

Me and Alex did our makeup and added the finishing touches on ourselves and were gone.

When I got in the car, I picked up my phone to put on some music and realized there were no messages from Eli and sighed.

"What no Goodmorning text?" Alex guessed.

"Nope." I said with a sigh as I pulled out my driveway.

"It's okay Lissa!" She said turning the music up. I nodded my head as Rich Homie Quan filled my ears.

-

When we got to Roscoes me and Alex talked and laughed about all the things that had been going on. My phone vibrated and my head shot immediately down. It was Trey, I frowned in confusion as to why he'd be texting me.

"Why did Trey just text me?" I asked Alex theoretically.

"Shutup?" Alex said in shock.

I nodded.

"What did he say?"

I slid my phone unlock and read aloud:

Trey: Wassup girl

"What should I say?" I wondered.

"Be like: 'sup' " Alex suggested.

I nodded my head and typed that. After locking my phone, I looked up to see our food coming our way. I smiled and set my phone aside.

Me and Alex ate, and talked some more.

-

"That was bomb!" Alex said as we headed to the car.

I giggle a little. "Wasn't it?"