Chapter 12

Elijah
-------

I walked up in Darnell's party looking like the freshest nigga alive. I got my mini fro lined up and got me a little taper. I had on my white pants, a black
Nike Shirt, and my black Tim's. Ya boy was stuntin. And I had my Rolley on? It's a wrap.
I must say, my boys did they shit with this party. It was Turnt. Everybody from Crenshaw was there. I seen a whole bunch of other niggas I knew that went to other schools. The music was on point and it was live.
But as always I was just chillin. It was a few bad girls in there and they were staring. I was debating which one I was gonna test the waters with. I seen one wearing all black with some Golden Movement Jays on. Damn her ass was fat! Her hair was down her back. Now what was her face looking like? I waited for ole girl to turn around and when she did she was pretty. Wait hold the fuck up! Is that Jalissa? It was, wow.
I smacked my lips. I thought fasho she was gonna be the one I holla'd at tonight, guess not. Jalissa cool and what not but she not my type. Plus the bro Marquise was trying to talk to her. He told me he wasn't messing with her nomore though, because she wouldn't give him no play. He just ain't got no game. But she be eyeing ya boy, I always catch her.

"Heeey!" I heard someone say over the music. I looked up. I smiled when I seen Jalissa.

"Wassup?" I said back.

She complemented me a few times. "Thanks." I replied smirking at her. She was flirting.
Then she just walked away. It was so weird. She seemed frustrated but what with?

I was watching the party go down, watching all the girls shake their ass. Jalissa was one of them. She got ass for sure and she for sure know how to move it. I laughed at the boy's face who she was dancing with. He ain't know what to do with all that booty.
A couple songs later "Body Party" by Ciara came on. I know bitches love Body Party so i decided to get me a dance from Jalissa. She was walking by me singing along with Ciara and i stopped her. I grabbed her wrist and sat her on my lap. She turned around with a confused look on her face, probably wondering who the fuck was grabbing her.

"Do ya thang ma." Was like the magic words. She started working my shit. She was bouncing. Swirling. Twerking. Grinding. Rotating. All that. I was impressed. She could dance.

The song went off and She got up and turned around and hit me with a smirk. She hit me with "I wana fuck" type of smirk. I took the hint. "Take Ya Tights Off" by Problem came on. I had to get up and turn up with the bros one time. That was my shit!

I glanced over at Jalissa and made my way towards her. Her back was facing me and she was on her phone. I came up behind her. "Let's go somewhere?" I whispered in her ear.

She turned around and smiled when she seen me. She nodded and I read her lips: "ok"

I grabbed her hand and led her to my car.

"You having fun?" I asked her when we got inside.

She nodded. "Yeah, little bit."

I smiled. "That's wassup."

"So what brings you over this way anyway. Didn't you used to stay in Arizona or something?" I asked her.

She nodded. "My mom got a better job offer so she decided to move us out here." She replied.

"Don't sound too enthusiastic about this move." I told her.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I mean it's whatever, I miss my hometown. Cali is nice but i miss Arizona."

"How you like Crenshaw?" I asked her.

"Well it's nice. I met some cool as people that and I like it. It's a lot different from Thomas." She said.

I nodded. "That's what's up."

"You grew up in LA?" She asked me.

I nodded. "Yup! Born and raised! These streets is all I know." I said.

She smiled. "That's nice."

It got awkwardly quiet. I plugged my auxiliary cord into my phone to kill the silence. I played "Neva End (Remix)" by Kelly Rowland and Future. She smiled and started mouthing the words. I sat there and took a good look at her. Jalissa was real pretty. She had clear skin, which I always thought was attractive. She had long pretty hair. Her lips were pink, nice and full. She had a nice skin color kind of in between caramel and lightskin.

"Jalissa you got a boyfriend back in Arizona?" I asked her curiously.

She shook her head and I read the hurt on her face. She was one of those heart broken ass bitches. Oh god. I thought about running while I can but nah I might as well hit first.

"That's wassup." I said to her.

She nodded. "What about you?" I don't know why but that question caught me a little off guard.

I shook my head. "Naaaah."

"Whaaaat? YOU don't have a girl? That's hard to believe!" She said.

I looked at her with confusion. "what's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"I mean all the girls love Eli! They be all on you! I hear them talk and I see the different girls you bring to practice every other day." She said.

I chuckled. "So you've been watching me?"

"Boy no. I'm just saying. Girls love them some Eli. They'd do anything for yo ass." She said giggling.

"I just got it like that. Don't hate!" I told her jokingly.

"Oh I'm not. Surprised you ain't wifed one of them hoes yet. Especially how they be throwing themselves at you." She said.

I laughed a little."You can't turn a hoe into a house wife." I quoted "Ion even be worried about them girls." I added nonchalantly.

"Oh I bet! You don't even seem like a one girl type of dude anyways. You just have you a little bit of fun with all of them huh?" She said.

I started cracking up. "Girl you are crazy!" I said laughing.

"Yeah I bet."

I shrugged. "I mean, what dude ain't got hoes on him?" I reminded her.

"Trueeeee!" She said. "But you got groupies nigga." She said giggling.

I laughed a little bit too. "Nah." I said holding my hand up.

It got quiet for a minute.

"But what about you?" I asked her.

"What about me?" She replied.

"You want Eli too?" I asked smirking at her.

She shook her head, "I think I'll pass." She said holding up one of her hands.

I chuckled. "Oh word?" I asked running my chin hair.

"Mmmmhm" she nodded and showed her dimples. Sexy ass dimples. I poked them lightly, and playfully.

She started giggling and slapped my hand "stop it Eli!" She said. I started laughing.

"So you don't want Eli, Jalissa?" I asked her again.

She started blushing and trying to hide her smile. She shook her head and looked away from me.

"That's too bad man." I said.

She looked up at me confused.

"So you don't want me doing this.." I said grabbing her chin and pecking her on the lips softly, following two more seductive kisses. She started smiling a smile she couldn't hide. I grinned as her dimples popped out again. She looked down shyly.

I laughed. "So you 'don't want Eli?'" I asked holding up air quotes and teasing her.

"Shut up E-" I cut her off and kissed her again with a little more force this time. Then I moved to her neck and started placing kisses all over. She started rubbing the back of my neck and closed her eyes. I smirked at the sight. I knew she wanted ya boy. I kept going with the kisses though. I could tell it was driving her crazy by the way she was rubbing on me.
Stuff started getting heated. I leaned over and pulled a Magnum out the glove compartment. I held it up and grinned at her "you try-" she cut me off.

She looked at me upside my head."Eli, I don't know what type of party you THOUGHT this was, but I'm not that girl." She said right before hopping out the car.

I watched her leave. I sighed to myself. I thought she wanted it! I thought she was tryna fuck. I mean damn she was dancing on me like she wanted to. She be eyeing me like she want me. And when I was kissing on her she didn't stop me. Soooo what the hell? I ain't been turned down by no female in a really long time. Last time I was turned down was like almost 5 years ago, all because ole girl wanted a "relationship". Bitches usually throwing it at me. I don't even have to try. I get it with my eyes closed! But Jalissa wana play hard to get. I mean we could play. I'm always up for a challenge. Always. You can't play a playa in this game, she better recognize. I sat in my car and scrolled down my Instagram TL. The party got boring to me.

Jalissa
--------

"So you don't want me doing this?" He said leaning in and placing his lips gently on mine. My stomach started flopping. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. Two more soft seductive pecks followed the first. When he pulled away I looked down trying to catch a breathe. Trying to settle in my mind what just happened. I was in a daze. My smile popped out without my consent.

"So you 'don't want Eli'" he mocked me.

"Shutup E-" he kissed me right in the middle of my sentence. I kissed him back. Then he started kissing and sucking on my neck. I became so vulnerable. It was like he had me under a spell. I wanted to push him off me and tell him we were moving too fast but the words wouldn't come out.

He stopped and reached for the glove compartment. He pulled out a magnum and held it up, then grinned at me. I must've looked at him like he was fucking crazy. "You try-" I cut him off.

"Eli, I don't know what type of party you THOUGHT this was, but I'm not that girl." I said before jumping right out the car. He didn't come after me either. Lord knows I wanted to hop on over to that driver seat and give him what he wanted! My body was all for it! I wanted it just as bad as him but that would've come with strings attached, well at least on my end. And besides I barely made it to Crenshaw, I'm definitely not tryna be labeled. Especially as another one of Eli's hoes. No thanks. Here I was, thinking maybe Eli had been checking for me too? Maybe I interested him, as much as he interested me. Maybe he felt some type of way for me, as did I for him. But nope. He was only tryna hit. When I seen the magnum I knew it was a wrap. I'm more than just a piece of ass. Always have been. Always will be. We barely know eachother well enough to be having sex. I don't know what he took me for. I sighed to myself before stepping back into the party. It was still super Turnt. I looked to my left and seen a group of girls mad dogging me, must've seen me walk out with Eli. A group of his groupies, I thought to myself. I looked to my left and seen some boy staring me down. I mentally rolled my eyes and began searching for Sarayah who was absolutely nowhere to be found. I sighed in frustration and looked down at my phone. No texts from her what so ever so I decided to text her.

Me: "hey wya?"

No response. I looked around some more and I still didn't find her. I walked around in hopes to maybe see her boo'd up. But nothing. As I was making my way to the door I seen her. She looked up at me.

"Jalissa! There you are! Girl I thought somebody dragged yo ass up out of here!" She said all in one breathe.

I giggled. "Nope I'm good" I said holding my hands up In innocence.

She giggled too. "Where were you?!" She asked sounding like a concerned parent.

I opened my mouth to respond but some nigga stepped on my jays and completely threw me off. I looked down and up at ole dude who didn't even pay my shoes no attention. The music stopped and my head snapped up. I seen a group of niggas wearing red rags and all different type of red clothing. The Dj picked up his equipment and ran out the front door. The dudes paid him no attention. Sarayah looked shocked. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Where da FUCK he at blood?!" Some guy with a red rag and red shirt demanded.

Sarayah crept away from the party and out the back door. She pulled me along with her. I was wondering what the hell was happening! The guy in the party sounded like he was out to kill and the way Sarayah handled that situation and got up out of there, I was sure that happened to her before...a couple times. I wanted to ask her what was up but before I could we walked through the side of the house and we were walking fast to the car.

"Sarayah!" I said tryna keep up with her fast pace walk.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Shots rang out inside the house. I stopped in shock, I don't know why I just panicked. Some dudes i seen Inside the party ran outside and started shooting at the ones who shot in the party. People were running and screaming. People were hopping in their cars and skirting off. All you heard was the sound of rubber burning and people screaming. Sarayah pulled my hand and took off down the street to my car.

"Come on Jalissa!" She yelled running out of breath. I ran for my life, as I came to realization what was happening. That type of thing never happened to me in Arizona. It happened and was happening but I was never up close and personal with it.

"Ahhhhhhh!" Sarayah hit the floor and held her side as blood started to stain her clothes.

I ran over to her. Ducking making sure to not get hit by any bullets. Her side was bleeding. My eyes widened as she cried out in pain. Tears were streaming down her face. I started panicking. I picked her up the best I could, she was bigger than me though. I started off dragging her to my car. She was screaming in pain. I started crying along with her.

"Sarayah, it's gonna be okay! I promise! Ima get you out if here and to the hospital!" I cried to her.

"Please Lord get us out if here safely." I prayed. I tried to stay as calm as I could. I tried to stay calm for Sarayah. I unlocked my car and another car pulled up next to mine. My heart stopped.

"Bitch give me the keys!" The passenger yelled at me. I stood there frozen. Just watching him. I froze up again. He pulled out a gun. "You better give me the fucking keys before I blow yo damn brains out and take it myself." He said angrily. Sarayah cried out in agony underneath me.

"POP! POP! POP! POP! POP! POP!"