Chapter 30

Hey guys! So I want to try writing in third person. Im going to be writing this chapter in 3rd person. If you want me to go back to writing in Jalissa & Eli's POV please let me know!!! Thanks guys!!! :)

A few weeks later...

Eli sat on his couch scrolling through instagram, and all he seen was prom pictures after prom pictures after prom pictures. Crenshaw's prom was in about a month and a half. He hadn't given much thought into it until now. He wondered if Jalissa wanted to go. He made a mental note to ask her when she got out the shower.

He was waiting for her to get ready so they could go to the mall. He was treating them to some shoes.

Jalissa stepped out of the shower, singing along to Khelani playing on her phone, and rubbed her cocoa butter lotion all over her body. She slipped into some black tights, and a black long sleeve, with her low top Bred 11s. She tied a flannel around her waist. She kept it simple. But kind of cute.

She walked into the bathroom thought for a moment on what to do with her wild curly hair. She finally just threw it up in a cute messy bun. When she walked out of the bathroom Eli was sitting on the bed giving her that "you ready?" look.

He had on some cut off Nike sweat shorts, with a fresh white tee, with some fresh Air Force 1's. Even when they were bummy they complemented each other. They both matched each other's fly and looked good doing it.

Jalissa grabbed her all white Michael Kors bag, "I'm ready." She told Eli before heading out the room. Eli followed right behind.

He tossed her the keys, indicating she was driving. She hopped in the driver seat and sped off. She hooked up her phone to the auxiliary cord and played "Favorite" by Nicki Minaj, one of her favorites. She sang along quietly to the music and Eli stared out the window. They were in their own worlds.

Until, Eli cut the music down a little bit, "Baby are we going to prom?" He asked.

She was quiet for a minute, she leaned forward a bit, "Ummmm..", She began as she started sucking in her teeth repeatedly trying to find an answer. "You want to?"

He nodded his head, he already knew Jalissa wanted to go. What girl didn't?

"Then let's do it." She smiled.

He wanted Jalissa to be able to experience prom. At one point prom was all she talked about, and how they were gonna kill it. He knew she still wanted that. He was gonna make sure she had the prom she desired. No matter what. Baby bump and all.

-

When they arrived at the mall Jalissa was drawn to the dress stores like a magnet. She dragged Eli into every single one. She tried on dresses for a cool 2 hours. None of them satisfied her enough, so they went to buy what they had originally came for, shoes.

Eli was looking at some new high top vans. They were white, brown, and blue and had leather material. Jalissa was all wrapped up in the tiny baby vans. She coo'd over them, excitedly. As time grew closer she was more excited to meet her baby. She was now getting some serious baby fever.

"Jalissa." Eli waved her over.

She set the baby shoes down and walked towards him,"Yes?", She asked approaching him.

He handed her the shoe, "What do you think about these?"

She observed them for a few seconds before telling him he should get them. "I like the colors too."

He nodded. "You don't want nothing?" He asked waving over one of their employees.

She shook her head. She was already living is his house, eating his food, and running up his bills. She didn't want to add on any extra money. Although he didn't mind at all...he loved spoiling Jalissa. She always declined his offers. She didn't feel right taking all his money. She'd never had to take money from a man in her life. Whatever she wished for, her mom had. She didn't like how dependent she had become on Eli. So she took it upon herself, and had been filling out applications like crazy.