Chapter 17

Jalissa

I scrolled through my Instagram TL patiently waiting for Eli to arrive. He texted me earlier this morning asking me to go out to breakfast. I was a little hesitant at first but Lord knows there was no turning this boy down. After all I did have to remind myself that he wasn't technically mine and i didn't really have rights to be upset. If he wanted to hangout with other girls, then i had no say so in that.

"This seat taken?" I heard a voice say over my head. I looked up and smiled when i seen Eli.

"Hey." I said standing up and giving him a hug.

"What's good with you?" He said with that beautiful smirk as he sat down.

I smiled and shook my head as if to silently say nothing.

"How long you been here?"

"Like 5-10 minutes." I responed. "Not that long."

He nodded his head. "My bad to keep you waiting though."

"It's all good. Don't even worry about it."

"Oh, and about yesterday, I know I said i wanted to kick it. My fault for flaking on you."

"Oh yeah. What happened to you?" I pulled my phone out and started making my way toward my pictures just in case he wanted to lie.

"I had some business to take care of with the homies." He said nonchalantly. I was actually taken back at how easily that lie had just rolled off his tongue.

I chuckled sarcastically to myself very low. "You're lying." I said flat out.

He looked at me confused. "Huh?"

"You're lying." I repeated, and turned my phone around to reveal the screenshot I had taken of the picture that girl posted the night before.

His face dropped for a hot second but he pulled it back together. He opened his mouth to say something, but i cut him off, "Look before you even lie to me, there's no need to."

He frowned his eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"I mean it's cool. I understand you're going to have other girls you gonna talk to and that's fine. You single and you do stuff single people do."

He just sat there in silence and looked at me. It got really quiet, and then I started to regret everything that I had just said.

The waiter walked over to us."Hi, can I get you guys anything to drink?" Boy was I glad to see him, he broke the awkward silence.

"Um yeah I'll take a strawberry lemonade please." I said with a polite smile.

"And for you sir?" He turned his attention towards Eli.

"I'll take a Sprite." He said politely too.

"Alright, I'll be back in a second with your drinks." He said with a smile.

"Thank you." Eli replied to him.

"Jalissa...I don't want you to feel like I'm playin you or nun. A'ight?" He said looking me dead in my eyes.

I looked up at him from my menu and nodded my head. And quickly looked back down.

"Yeah ima be honest with you. I do have other lady friends, but that don't change how I feel about you."

I put on a fake smile and nodded my head to let him know I was listening. Yeah I didn't want him talking to any other girls besides me but he's going to do what he wants to do.

"You mad at me?" He asked putting his menu down.

I shook my head. "No."

"So why you giving me this sus treatment?"