Chapter 29

ELIJAH
----------

I drove to one of my cousin's house that had been texting me all day for some weed. She didn't have a car, so I always delivered to her. Especially since she was family. Her house was like 30 minutes out.

When I got there, I texted her, and she walked out carrying my little cousin on her hip. She was only 19, and had a 1 year old baby. So young. Crazy part was, that was going to be me pretty soon.

"Eli!" Carter screamed as they approached my car. I laughed and took him into my arms.

"Wassup boy?" I said admiring his little outfit.

"Wassup Elijah." My cousin Trisha greeted.

"Wassup Trish." I said giving her a hug.

"Eli." Carter said pointing at me.

"Yes. That's Eli baby." Trish giggled.

"He getting so big." I said standing him on my legs.

"Big as hell." She rolled her eyes. "And bad."

I laughed, "You out here being bad?" I asked him.

He just stuck his fingers in his mouth and looked at me.

"Yes!" Trish quickly said, "And he don't like NOBODY."

"Why not lil man?" I asked.

"Because he evil. Ole abusive ass. He's mean to all the other kids. He dont share. He hit on them. He just bad."

I laughed a little bit, this little boy was bad. I seen it for myself.

"How many other people is it?" I asked.

"Like 7 or 8 girls, some pregnant. Some already had their babies."

I nodded. "Damn that's a lot of hormones under one roof. A lot of attitudes, a lot of mood swings, a lot of personalities." I joked.

"Who you telling! And today we got a new girl, so this should be interesting." She said making a funny face and letting out a loud sigh.

I chuckled, "Why should it be interesting?"

"Because, it's nothing but ugly jealous bitches in this house, and the new girl is really pretty. She seem like her shit is together. I wonder what she doing here."

I laughed again. My cousin was a fool, "Y'all girls is something else."

"But yeah ima hook you up. Ima tell her I got a cousin for her. And you'll like her too. She short, light skin, long hair."

"Oh word? What's her name?" I joked

"Jalissa or something like that." She said.

I quickly stopped joking, and frowed my face and jerked my head back. "Jalissa?"

She nodded her head slowly, "Yeah...i think?"

"Wait wait wait." I said laughing slightly. "You can't be talking about who I think you talking about."

My cousin just looked at me cluelessly.

"She kind of thick? Straight teeth? Light eyes?"

She nodded her head.

"Hold up, Ima have to see if we talking about the same person." I said and took my key out the ignition, and got out the car.

"Wait Eli! How you know her?"

"It's a long story." I said running my hand over my hair. "Tell her to come out here real quick."

"Alright, Ima tell her to come, I'll be back."