Chapter 14

Jalissa
---------

"She's doing fine, don't worry." She said smiling at me.

I smiled back relieved. She walked out.

I laid my head back, relaxing. Happy that Sarayah was okay.

How you feeling?" Eli asked, scaring me a little, since I didn't know he was awake. He rubbed his face in exhaustion.

I turned to him. "Sore, shot up." I said joking.

He chuckled a little bit. "You crazy."

I smiled at him, tiredly. I tried sitting up and he walked over to me.

"Let me help you." He said lifting me up carefully. I smiled at him "thank you." It hurt too much to sit up so I gave up and relaxed my muscles.

"You look a lot better." He said smiling slightly.

I smiled, "really?"

He nodded.

"Cause I feel like shit." I stated.

He frowned, "I'm sorry Jalissa."

"It's fine. Not your fault. What happened last night anyways?"

"What do you mean last night?" He asked me confused.

"Like with Sarayah?" I asked.

"That was a few nights ago, you been knocked out for a couple days now."

I looked shock. "Wow really?"

He nodded. "Well what happened?" I asked.

"When at the party?" He asked.

"No..the last thing I remember was you guys saying Sarayah might've been dead."

"Ohhhh. Well they didn't think she was going to make it. And while we were sitting in her room her heart monitor went flat, so they rushed us out. But they were able to resuscitate her and they said she's going to be aight."

I nodded my head. "I see." Was all I said, as I had flashbacks from the other night. I started frowning, I felt like this was a bad dream. It was surreal. Like I should be waking up any minute? I felt Eli looking at me.

"Who the fuck would do this to you? And why?" He said in a frustrated tone to himself.

"Whoever wanted my car." I said in a low voice looking down.

He looked at me, "Is that what they said?"

I looked at him and nodded.

I could see the anger build up in his face. He mumbled something in a low voice and it got quiet.

"Do you know where my car is now?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I had my cousin take it to your house." He said.

I smiled, happy that I still had my baby. "All I could remember from the other night is hitting the floor and looking up and seeing you, Kesean, Marquise, Jamal, and some other dudes I didn't know. I remember you running with me in your arms to your car. And I remember you telling me that I was gonna be okay. You talked to me the whole time, I heard you and tried my hardest to concentrate on your voice and what you were saying." I said and smiled at him.

He smiled back. "I was so scared for you, Jalissa. You was bleeding SO MUCH." He said in disbelief, starring down at the floor. He looked like he was recalling a bad memory. "You and Sarayah blood was all over my car." He said holding his hands up in disbelief. He shook his head and looked up at me. I was looking at him concentrating on every word that left his mouth. I read the horrified look on his face that quickly went blank.