Chapter 7

I walked into my house and seen boxes everywhere. I thought about the move and wanted to instantly scream at the top of my lungs. I walked into the kitchen to get me a glass of iced tea and I seen a note on the kitchen door.

Dear jj,

Hi mama. We're running out of boxes so could you please go pick some up! Oh and we need shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and new face towels.Thanks love you! Take my card!

-mommy

I picked up my card and slid it into my wallet. I might as well get this out the way. I went up stairs and showered. When I got out I put on my iPhone on shuffle. "Neighbors Know My Name" came on and I thought about Erik. I started smiling. And thought about the other night. That was so special to me and I got butterflies just thinking about it.
My phone vibrated and Erik texted me.

Erik😍 : Hey babe, what you up to?

Me: nothing, getting dressed, you?

I got another text from Alex. I asked her to go with me to go run these errands for my mom but she said she already made plans with Johnny. Oh! Why don't I ask Erik!

Me: hey I gotta go pick up a few things for my mommy, wana come?

Erik: My mom needs me today too, sorry bae :/

I sighed. Well shit I guess I'm about to be on my own today. I texted my mom and told her I was on my way to go get her stuff. I grabbed my keys and left. In the car I bumped Nothing Was The Same by Drake. My song "Connect" came on and I sung along

Swaaaangin! Eyes closed just SWAAANGIN! Same city same friends if ya lookin for me! Same city, same friends if ya loooooookin!

I was feeling it! I pulled up to the Storage and got my mom her boxes and put them in the trunk. Then I headed to the mall. My plan for the day was to go to target and then to the mall since the two were connected. I walked into Target and I seen the CUTEST guy working at one of the registers. I was staring at him so hard that the girl who was at his checkout was looking at me! She rolled her eyes. Bitch. I grabbed all the stuff that my mom asked for and walked to his register. There was only two people ahead of me so it was good. When it was my turn he looked up at me. "32 dollars and fifteen cents is your total." He did a double take at me and smiled. I started blushing and flashed my dimples. I slid the card.
"How are you doing today?" He asked
"Fine what about yourself?" I replied
"Coo." He said handing me my recipt. I took it.
"Have a good day girl." he said biting down on his lip and looking me up and down.
"You too." I said smiling hard. I grabbed my bags and my recipt fell I picked it up. And I seen writing on the recipt

Call me sometime gorgeous 888-541-3282
-Trey

I turned around to see him watching me. I smiled and he winked and held up his hands to his ears using that "call me" motion. OKAAAY! He was so fucking cute..oh shit. What about Erik?!?!

I walked out into the parking lot and put my bags into the trunk. I walked back into the mall and went straight to Forever, it's my store! I bought a couple shirts from there and a couple from H&M. And I bought a new pair of sandals. I went into a few other stores. I saw the cutest necklace ever! It was gold and had "priceless" In pink letters attached. I loved it. I called Erik to see what size he was in shoes. I was gonna buy him some new Polo socks cause they were on sale. But he didn't answer. I slid my phone into my back pocket and sipped my lemonade. As I was walking back to the store where I seen the socks, i seen Erik. And he was holding some girls hand? Um the fuck? It was the bitch Tasha from Instagram! I was about to confront this bitch for lying to me. I was walking fast as hell and something fell out his jacket pocket. I picked it up, it was a $10.
I tapped him. "Hey you dropped something"
He turned around and looked at me in shock. "H-hey jay. Thanks." He said taking the money.
"Hey." I said dryly and I looked down at their locked hands. "Who's your friend?"
"His GIRL Tasha, who you?" She said
I started laughing. "Oh is that so?" I asked sarcastically.
"What's so funny?" She said.
"Nothing y'all two enjoy the rest of y'all day." I said walking away. She gave me a dirty look and rolled her eyes.
"Jalissa! Wait!" I stopped but didn't turn around.
"What Erik?" I asked dryly
He came and stood in front of me. He looked at me with pitty in his eyes "I'm sorry Jalissa..it's not what it looks like"
I just looked at him hard. "Are you really gonna lie to my face?" I replied
Before he could answer I continued. "So that's how it is? That's how you do me? All that bull shit you were feeding me? Seriously? I thought we were together? You said I was your GIRLFRIEND erik. You can't tell me stuff like that and then go on dates with your next female! THATS NOT OKAY."
We just stood there and looked at each other. "EXACTLY." I said, "Nothing to fucking say. I'm done Erik...Take care of yourself." I said walking away.
My face was burning and I could feel the tears welling up. I was fighting them back. I had a lump in my throat. I walked to my car so fast and when I got in I burst into tears. I sat there with tears rushing down my face COMPLETELY broken. I heard a knock on my window and I looked up to see Erik. I put the car in reverse and drove off. Fuck him. Fuck all that has to do with him!! I went into my room and laid on my bed crying. I was so hurt. How could you do this to me?! He played me. He used me for sex and played me. My heart was shattered into a million tiny pieces. I expected so much more from him. I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and my eyes were red. I couldn't even believe what happened yesterday. I was really hoping to wake up and it all be a dream but this was real fucking life right now. I dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs and ate a bowl of cereal and waffles. My mom came downstairs all dressed up.
"Good morning ba- have you been crying mama?! What's wrong?!"
I shook my head.
"Talk to me baby...tell me!" She said in her Spanish accent
"Erik" I said dryly
"Ohhhh, again? Ay yi yi baby he's no good. Don't cry! You're too pretty for tears." She said and hugged me tightly. "I have an appointment to go to and I can't be late! I love you so much! We'll talk when I come home!" I smiled and nodded and watched her leave. I turned on the air and the fan I had in my room. I wanted to just get under my covers and relax myself but since it was summer and 90 something degrees outside I had to make it wok. I laid down and watched tv for a couple hours..basically Pretty Little Liar's recordings. When those were over in bumped some music on my Dre Pill. I let "Doing It Wrong" radio play. I was getting into my emotionss! As if that wasn't enough I added Tumblr to the mix. Before I knew it I was crying again. I was so sad. So, so sad. Erik once again let me down. For the rest of the day I layed in my bed...just me, my music, & Tumblr.

The next morning I woke up and decided I wasn't gonna feel sorry for myself. I needed to get out of this house because this is where part of my sadness was. I haven't talked to Alex so I'm guessing she's busy with Johnny. I texted Marcus and asked him to hangout. We met up and Friday's.
I ran to him and jumped on him. I missed him. I haven't seen him in like two weeks. He brightened up my day a whole lot.
"Jalissssaaaa!" He said stumbling back.
"Marcusss!" I said jumping off him.
"What's up girl?! Why I haven't seen yo face tho?"
I started laughing "I don't know, you tell me!"
He chuckled. "I miss you tho Jay."
"I miss you too" I said smiling.
"What's good with you though?" He asked.

I sighed loudly. "Man lately nothing."
"Uh oh..tell me all about it"
We sat down and ordered some drinks.

"So whats up? What's goin on?" He asked me.

"Well this whole move. I'm nervous and I'm not ready.." He nodded his head and agreement. "And..I've been seeing Erik again." His eyes almost popped out his head.
"Whaaaaaaaaat?" Was all he said. I explained to him the whole story from Johnny and him popping up, to me loosing my virginity, to the mall scene.
He looked shocked and he looked sorry.
"Wait till I see this nigga Erik! Homebody got one coming to the chest real quick! Ima need fades ASAP! That nigga just don't kn-"
I cut him off "Marcus it's not even worth it."
He looked at me and nodded "I know but he did you foul J and that shit don't fly with me! You like my sister man."
I smiled. That made me feel so good. I swear I love Marcus!
"So how you feelin tho?" He asked me.
"Um... okay. I think I'm done crying. I'm still hurt and everything but it's like what the fuck can I do? I gave that boy something no other nigga has had! A piece of me! Something special! Only to find out this mothafucka fucking another bitch! But it's coo.." I said shaking my head. I had to stop myself and pull myself together.

He just looked at me. He didn't have the words to make it better and we both knew that. "Jalissa look I gotta tell you the truth and be real with you so here it is..Erik is a ain't shit ass nigga. He probably really do love you but he don't know how to leave these other bitches alone. He's still a boy and ain't learned. You don't need no one like that. You too good for that nigga. Leave him alone. Don't go back. Don't put yoself back into that position. Be smart and play smart! No nigga should be treating you like that & if he do he need his head knocked off his shoulders. You're a nice, good, loyal girl so what you gotta do is stop messing with these fuck niggas. They ain't benefiting you so fuck em!"

I smiled at him. "Thank you so much best friend I needed to hear that."
He nodded and looked over the menu. And I did the same. It got quiet for a minute.
I broke the silence and put my menu down "but what have you been up to?" I asked him.
"Uhh nothing...basketball. Bettering a myself and working on my Shit. I'm tryna get me a lil scholarship. Hopefully in Cali, down there with yo ass."
"Awww you can do it! I know you can! That's nice though." I said.
"Oh! And I picked me up a little job working at this summer camp at a park." He added

I smiled. "I'm happy for you dude, you're gonna really be something big and I know it."
He smiled. "and you know this maaaaaan!"
We laughed.
After we order our food, talked some more, ate, and left.
Marcus walked me to my car and I have him a big hug. I thanked him for being such a good help and a good bestfriend. I can't imagine living without him in a whole nother state and not seeing him. That was on my mind the whole drive home.
When I walked inside the house I seen my mom. "Hi mija!" She yelled.
"Hi mommy" I said giving her a hug.
"How are you baby, feeling better?" She asked me
"I'm good mama, thanks for asking."
"Good! So where are you coming from?"
"Oh me and Marcus went out to eat."
"Awww! That's so nice! How is he? What's his number? I think ima text my little boyfriend!"
I burst out into laughter! My mom loves him and he's had the biggest crush on her for the longest. My mom always checks up on him and jokes around with him like that.
"I'll text it to you." I said grabbing my purse and heading upstairs
I laid on my bed and Alex facetimed me. "Heyyyyyy bitch!" She yelled into the camera.
I started laughing. "What do you want?" I asked her playfully.
"Well fuck you too!" She said giggling.
"Ummm..I'm bored! Let's do something!"
I sighed, "I don't feel like doing anything"
"Whyy?!" She asked. I told her all about Erik and his bullshit.
"Man fuck him! Who the fuck does he think he is?!" She yelled. I started laughing. She got up and acted like she was grabbing a gun. "We about to go light these mothafuckas houses up!!!!" I laughed again.
"You're an idiot!" I said
"Soooooo..what're we doing? Come pick me up and we'll figure it out from there"
"Okay! Let me jump in the shower! Ill call you when I'm on my way." I said hanging up.
When I got out the shower there were like 10 missed calls from Erik. He's been calling me here and there. What the fuck does he want? Alex texted me too and said she wanted to go to some kick back that this kid from our school was throwing. So I guess that was the plan.
I got dressed and put on some dark blue high waisted pants, a white tight half shirt that was shortsleeve, and my grey long cardigan. I swooped my hair into a high curly bun. And threw on my white Jordan 3s. I looked cute but classy. When I picked up Alex she decided to do a little more with herself. Her hair was wanded and down, and she wore a blue Polo hat, a black polo shirt that was cut into a half shirt, and some booty cargo shorts and her bred 11s. She looked cute!
We drove to the boys house who was having this little thing, Darnell and when we walked in there was like 10 girls and 20 boys. Me and Alex just looked at eachother and sighed. This was going to be awkward. Marcus walked up to us and Alex started smiling so hard, I laughed at her. We chilled with Marcus and his friends for the rest of the night. It was fun and it took my mind off Erik.
Me and Alex ended up sleeping at Marcus's house.
The next day Erik called me like 3 times, i still didn't answer. I'm not ready to speak I him yet.
My mom walked into my room and sat on my bed. "Hey baby. Umm..the new house won't be available until next month, so well be in Arizona for a little while okay?" I smiled "ok." I replied. I was happy I had more time in Arizona to be with my friends! I was gonna enjoy this summer for sure! I started a group text with Marcus and Alex and told them the news. Marcus was really happy about it, so he said he wanted to take me and Alex out to dinner. We went to Denny's like usual. I had a great time..aside from the texts I received from Erik begging me to speak to him. Ugh, I don't want to be in this position. My heart feels so empty again without him and I want him back but at the same time what he pulled wasn't okay.