Chapter 15

JALISSA

I smiled as my doctor walked through the door.

"Hi Jalissa, how're you doing today hunny?" She asked me.

I nodded. "I'm feeling better, a lot better actually. I'm not in as much pain as I was before."

"Good! Great!" She said with a smile.

She listened to my heart beat with her tether-scope and checked my breathing. She put pressure around my wound and I shrieked.

"How bad was that pain on a scale from 1-10?" She asked me.

"Seven." I replied.

After checking a couple more things on me she asked me more questions.

"Well it looks like you're good to go!" She said smiling. "I'm releasing you. I'm going to give you some pain medicine. You should probably take it easy for the next month or so. Um, the nurse should be in here to get you a new bandage and cleanse that." She said pointing to my now healing gunshot wound. I smiled and nodded.

"Oh! And clean that area often and gently. The stitches are dissolvable. If you begin experiencing a great amount of pain in that area, come back." She said sweetly.

I nodded again. "Okay thanks Dr. Mitchell."

"No problem, any questions?" She asked.

"No." I said politely and smiled.

"Great well you're free to go. I guess call your parents and let them know. It was nice having you and I hope all is well take care of yourself." She said sweetly and turned to walk out.

I smiled and dialed my mom's number. She was happy to hear and I was even happier.

My mom brought me some grey tights and a pink sweater to wear out. The clothes I came in were ruined and bloody. My jays were okay though, so I would definitely be taking those home with me. I slipped them on. My mom brought my pink NIKE duffel bag, where I put all of my gifts I received while in here, my charger, my computer, and all the toiletries my mom bought me while I was in here.

"Wait mommy, I have to go see Sarayah." I said walking the opposite way.

I peered through the door, excited to see her. "Knock knock" I whispered.

"Come in." She said.

Her eyes lit up and the sight of me. "Jalissa! Oh my god!" She said sitting up to hug me. I hugged her gently and she hugged me back the same way, both cautious of each other's wounds.

"You're going home?" She asked me.

"Yes! Finally!" I responded.

"They said I can go home Monday." She said pouting. "Another three days stuck in this bed." She said rolling her eyes. I giggled a little.

"You're almost there." I said rubbing her shoulder.

"Thank God."

"How're you feeling?"

"Sore as ever!" She said sighing.

We sat and talked for 15 minutes or so, before we said our goodbyes and I left home.

-

I walked in the house and the smell of Pastrami hit my nose. My mouth instantly started watering.

"Mommy you left food cooking?" I asked shocked.

She walked in the house smiling. "No." She disappeared into the kitchen.