Chapter 13

Red Teasing The Dark
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Coldness

•••

Parang may sariling utak ang kamay ko. Nang bahagyang humawak sa kung saan humalik si Xanthus. I am too obvious that I was shocked by his sudden gesture. Too obvious, Blair. Napaigtad ako sa gulat ng may tumakip sa aking mata mula sa aking likuran. I know who was he. 

"Happy birthday my Blair," he whispered in my ears. "Oh! Look who's here!" sarkastiko kong bungad sa kaniya. My seventeenth roses were Kua Neo. The one who told me that he can't come because he has a basketball try-out. Really? Sinong niloko niya?

"Come on...it's your birthday. Let's not ruin it, baby sis. Probably, you're not a baby anymore," he pinched the tip of my nose. His usual gesture on me when he makes me lambing. He pinches my nose. 

"Come again? Basketball try-out?" I raised a brow to annoy him. 

He rolled his eyes. "Sinunod ko lang si Ama. I won't do that but he said that was a part of his plan...and it's for you. You know, I'm not into it," 

 He was telling an untruth at that time. He was too noticeable, effortlessly to read him. Kua doesn't like those kinds of stuff, not interested at all. He was being forced to do that because it was for me. They were different when it comes to mood but on another hand, they had similarities, just like being humorous. Kua was more attitude and quite serious than Ama. 

"May I have a dance with this beautiful girl?" 

"Ganyan din ang sinabi ni Ama kanina Kua...wala kang originality," 

"Para saan pa ba't mag-ama kami?" he defended. Instead, to answer him I placed my hands on his shoulders allowing him to dance with me. He twitched the side of his narrow lips to smile. 

"I notice Scott staring at you for the whole time..." he said, simply seeing Scott from the other side. 

"Sinabi sa akin ni Xanthus Kua na...eighteenth na daw ako kaya…" I tried to divert the topic but he stopped me. 

"Kaya?" he asked, seemingly interested.

"Pwede na...daw...akong...ligawan," His serious face instantly changes into an amusing smile.

 "He said that? Really?" he uttered, parang hindi naniniwala. 

I frowned, feeling annoyed. "Maganda naman daw ako, bakit hindi?" I make diin the word 'daw' even though am not even sure if I am. I have my guts to tell him because Ama said so. 

His usual face turned back. "So, you want to court by Xanthus? Bukambibig mo si Scott then now you like someone else," aniya. Dinaig pa ang pari kung magsermon.

"No. it's not like that Kua—" I was going to explain to him ngunit pinutol niya na ang nais kong sabihin.

"Are you out of your mind? You have your mate!" I jumped in shock when he raised his voice. As I met his cold stares I loosened my grip on his shoulders absentmindedly. Hindi ko inaakala na pagtataasan niya ako ng boses dahil hindi naman siya ganoon. He is calmer when we talk about my emotions on different things. That was my first time.

"Oh, sorry...I just can't control my emotion," I scoffed, kinalma ang sarili mula sa pagkakagulat sa hindi ko inaasahang pagtaas ng kaniyang boses sa akin. 

"Kua...you scared me..." still, my eyes were on the ground. He held my chin up forcing me to look at him. "I didn't mean it, baby sis," His cold stares instantly changes into clear eyes that make me calmed by this moment.