32- Effie

Bella's POV

Why am I so stupid? What was I expecting? I can't believe I thought he'd come see me, but it's literally 8pm and he hasn't even texted me or tried calling me to see how I was doing. I'm starting to question his feelings for me, could it be that he's cheating on me. Effie did say they have something with each other. 

Stop thinking like that Bella!  I scolded myself. But what am I supposed to think, he probably likes being with her, they've been friends before I knew him. 

"Bella! Someone wants to see you!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I quickly rushed down stairs hoping it would be Ashton. 

I was so surprised when I found Effie at the door, she was the last person I'd expect to see at the door of my home. More importantly how did she know where I live? 

"Can we talk?" She asked, I couldn't tell if she wanted to do something to me or if she really did what to talk because she covered half her face with her hood. 

"Sure, let's go to my room" I said and led her to my room. 

I opened the door of my room and let her in once we were upstairs, I sat on my reading chair and she sat on my bed. 

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, but she ignored my question and took off her hoodie. Her eyes were bloodshot and her skin was bruised, she looked like she just came from war. 

"Are you ok?" I asked, my eyes were wide from surprise. 

"I'm sorry" She said as tears streamed down her cheeks. 

"For what?" I asked. "For being so mean to you, for everything, " She said. 

"It's fine, what happened?" I asked. She looked up at me and smiled. 

"I really want you to know the truth, " She said. 

"The truth about what?" I asked. 

"I don't like Ashton, I never did" She said, well that's a relief. 

"Then why were you always flirting with him?" I asked. 

"Because I wanted to forget about Mark, ever since we broke up I've been trying to get my mind off him but nothing worked, so I thought if I hung out with another guy it would help but it didn't change anything" She cried. 

"Ohh... Sorry, is that all?" I asked. 

"Wanna get rid of me already?" She laughed. 

"No, that's not what I meant," I said. 

"I know, I was teasing you" She laughed. 

"Is there anything you want to tell me? Like why you are crying" I said. 

"Mark sent nude pictures of me to the Internet and I'm planning to leave" She said. 

"Why would he do that?" I asked, I never thought someone like Matt would do such a thing. 

"He was angry with me. He was angry that I hung out with Ashton so he did that" She cried. 

"Sorry" I said, patting her back gently. 

"You don't know how much pain I feel right now. Whenever I walk on the streets everyone gives me a funny stare and they laugh, two people even tried to touch me" She cried harder. 

"How did he get those pictures?" I asked. 

"I sent it to him. I loved him so much and I did everything I could to please him, I am so fucking foolish" She cursed as she cried. 

"I'm so sorry. It's going to be fine" I said. 

"You have nothing to be sorry about, I'm going to leave now, goodbye. It was so nice talking to you" She said and hugged  me before leaving.