18- The Talk

Bella's POV
I stared at Ashton who was standing opposite me, my heart was pounding, I felt sweat form on my forehead as a result of stress and nervousness. He was wearing a white shirt and black jeans, the normal uniform workers wear. There isn't anything special about the outfit but he still looked good in it, I looked down at the ground. I don't think it's the best time to make eye contact with him.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, still awkwardly looking at the ground. My body stiffened when he held my shoulders firmly with his hands, causing me to look up at him.

"I'm sorry for how I've behaved to you in the past weeks, I was really stupid for acting that way to you" He said, looking at me in the eye. I looked away from his eyes and stared at the wall behind him.

"Sure" I answered. I really didn't know what to say to his apology, what if kissing me was a mistake to him?

"I don't know about you, but I don't regret ever kissing you. You see, I kissed you because I wanted to and although I was a little confused and didn't know what I was feeling, all the times I kissed you I've never once regretted it. I hope you have not too" He said, it caught me off guard. I thought he was apologizing for the kiss. My cheeks heated up and I felt a very nice fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

"What I'm trying to say is, I really like you" I stared at him, dumbfounded. Yes, I like him but I didn't expect him to like me too. My heart was pounding like I just finished running a marathon, my stomach felt like a million butterflies had erupted inside and my face is probably as red as Chinese tomato.

My words were stuck in my throat, he already knows I like him so there isn't really anything to say. But I still feel like a lot has been left unsaid.

There's still a question I feel like I need to ask.

"If you really like me then why did you kiss Stella?" I asked. He looked a little surprised by my question.

"I wanted you to be jealous, when I saw you with Matt I couldn't contain my anger so I did what I felt was right to do. But now I totally regret it" He said, I nodded.

"So what do you say?" He asked, stepping a little closer to me. His presence so close to me made my heart race. "I like you too" I said, and with that he kissed me squarely on the lips. For the first time I kissed him and it felt right.

After our little kiss, he nibbled on my lower lip and then engulfed my entity with his hug. We stayed like this for a whole minute, I was actually counting, before pulling away.

He kissed me one more time on the nose and then grinned widely at me, before walking away. I sat on the floor of the staff room and smiled at the thought of us kissing, but I wasn't sure if we were official or not, he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend so it's still a little confusing.

I walked out of the staff room to my duty post and commenced my work, a lot of my colleagues had already arrived and everyone had already started working. I joined them occasionally glancing at Ashton who all the annoying customers won't stop flirting with.

I bet they only came here to flirt with him, it doesn't matter anyways he's my boyfri- soon-to-be boyfriend. So they can admire but can't have 'cause he's mine.

...

Soon work ended and I started to leave, I felt Matt standing beside me as I prepared to leave. I looked up at him and gave him a friendly smile.

"What happened after you left for the toilet? I didn't find you anywhere" Matt said, I guess I have to break the news to him.

"Umm.. I actually didn't go to the toilet, I was-" I said, but was cut off by Ashton's deep voice.