23- Bruises

Bella's POV

I groaned in pain as I rolled on the bed. The most unfortunate thing that had ever happened to me happened yesterday when all my family members went back to their hometowns, I sprained my freaking ankle.

All thanks to my clumsiness I'm lazily laying in bed. Yesterday I was helping my mom in the kitchen, just when I was taking the food to the dining room I slipped and fell, all the food poured on my body and I sprained my ankle.

My leg hurts so bad and I'm just laying joblessly on the bed. Two months ago I wouldn't have minded laying lazily in bed, but the fact that I can't see Ashton makes me so sad. It's been only eight hours and I miss him already, Ashton has been staying the night with me more often, surprising thing is my parents don't even know.

But I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that they know but don't want to tell me.

I picked up my phone and dialed Aubrey's number, it's been quite a while since we talked and I know there are some problems she's facing now.

"Hello!" Aubrey said.

"Hey, wanna come over?" I asked, I truly needed someone to help me get over the fact that I can't see Ashton till he comes over.

"I'm not feeling like it" She said, I could hear the hurt through her voice.

"I know you're going through a lot right now, I wish I was there to comfort you but I sprained my ankle so I can't come" I said. Three days ago her mom lost her job and the house they used to live, now Aubrey and her brother have to live with their father till her mom finds a new house.

"It's fine I'll come over I need to get my mind off everything that's going on" She said before ending the call.

I called Liana next and also told her to come over. I waited for about an hour before they both arrived.

"You look so pale" Liana said, immediately she was in my room.

"I know, staying in bed is really making me look so dry" I said, as I tapped on the spot before me for her to sit.

"How are you?" Aubrey asked as she sat on my bed.

"I'm good, probably never going to enter the kitchen again but it's fine" I said and they both laughed.

Liana took out her phone and smiled as she read the text message.

"Who was it?" I asked curiously.

"No one" She said, stuffing her phone in her pocket before I could get a hold of it.

"It's David" Aubrey chuckled and a light pink color stained Liana's cheek. I've never seen her blush.

"You and him?" I asked, jaws dropped.

"No!" She said defensively. "We are just friends" She stated.

"Since when are you just friends with boys this summer?" I asked, reminding her of the silly goal she made.

"I already told you, dating too many boys is very tiring. I can't even remember their names" She said with a laugh.

"Aubrey" I called, she looked so deep in thoughts. She quickly looked up and smiled at me.

"It's going to be fine," I said, hugging her tightly.

"I'm just worried about my mom," She said against my shoulder.

"You don't need to worry" Liana assured, stroking her back.

"I need to. She's living with my uncle who drinks and I don't want him to try to take advantage of her" She said.

"He won't, she's his sister" Liana said.