26- Numb

Bella's POV

Today has been really hard, I couldn't take my eyes off Ashton and Effie. They were always together and they both looked happy, Ashton never smiled that much when I was around. We usually sent most of our time fighting or ignoring each other.

"Bella!" Matt called.

"What?" I asked.

"You have been staring at them for quite a while, don't you think you should stop? People are starting to notice" He said. I felt really embarrassed.

"I wasn't staring at them, I was thinking" I said. He nodded and left.

Ugh! Why can't my life just be normal?

"Hey!" Jessie greeted.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Don't be so harsh, did you see Matt's face? The poor boy looked so sad," She said.

"So?"

"I think you should apologize. Just because Ashton broke up with you doesn't mean people around you have to feel it too" She said.

"We were never dating," I said, continuing my work.

"I know you're hurt and I can't change that. But I really hate this always moody and grumpy side of you so I have a plan" She said.

"A plan for what?" I asked.

"A plan to make you come back to your real self and move on" She said.

"If it about making him jealous it's not going to work because he doesn't like me"

"No. My cousin Mark is single and he's pretty funny, so I think if you guys hang out with each other-" She said, then I interrupted.

"No! I'm not hanging out with your cousin, I don't want more problems" I said.

"Yes you are. He's coming to pick me up later and we're going to meet his friends so you are coming"

"I don't want to see his friends," I whined.

"Yeah but you have to," She said.

"Ok, I'll come" I surrendered.

His friends might be fun.

After the long day at work it was finally time to go home. Jessie's cousin came to pick us up.

He's very tall with a well built frame. He has dark brown hair and green eyes, he wore a black T-shirt and black skinny jeans with black sneakers. He looked great in black, I could tell that it's his color. He's the definition of hot but I'm not interested in him.

"Mark, this is my friend Bella. She's coming with us" Jessie said with a smile on her face.

He nodded without looking at me and entered his car. He's so rude, he just pretended like I don't exist.

"Your cousin is so rude" I complained to Jessie immediately he couldn't hear us.

"He's just not fond of girls," She said, dragging me to the car.

We drove for an awful thirty minutes. The car has been really quiet since Mark doesn't like to listen to music, we all stayed here in silence. Jessie also made me sit in the front seat beside Mark and I hated her for it but I don't want to make it seem weird so I didn't complain.

We finally arrived at the place where we were meeting Mark's friends. The club was packed with people and the music was so loud.

I don't really go to clubs so it's a little weird for me. The first time I went to a club mum and dad put me on time out for two months and forbid Adrian to see me because he was the one who invited me.