04- "The badboy working at the coffee shop"

Ashton's POV

"I'm nineteen already, I'm an adult and I can do whatever I want!" I yelled at my annoying parents, vexed by my parent's very annoying attitude of trying to control me all the time, for heaven's sake I'm nineteen I'm not a kid anymore.

"Since you're an adult, you can leave our home!" My dad said, that took me by surprise even 
mom was surprised. 

"What? You can't send him away! He's our son!" My mom said, she seemed surprised too but, I know my dad it wasn't gonna change a thing. 

"If that's what you want then I'm leaving" I said and stormed out of the house, I picked up my phone and dialed Brent's phone number. 

"Hey dude what up?"Brent asked.

"Nothing. I was wondering if I can stay at your apartment for a few days?" 

"Sure"

"Thanks"

... 

I knocked on Brent's door waiting for him to open the door. After waiting for two minutes, he finally opened it. 

"Hey, come in" Brent gestured for me to come in. 

"Thanks," I collapsed on the couch and heaved a sigh, staring at the tv which was currently playing Riverdale.. 

"What happened?" Brent said, taking a sit beside me on the couch stretching his leg on the table. 

"I fought with my parents" I sigh.

"And they kicked you out?" He asked, I nodded. 

"Why'd you fight with them?" He asked.

"I came home late and they made a fuss out of it, they brought them up" I said burying my face in my palms. 

"It's fine, you don't have to talk about it but, for how long are you staying here?" 

"Till I get another place to stay?" I said, but it came out more like a question. 

"You can stay with me but, we'd have to split the bills that means you have to get a job" Brent pointed out. 

"I can't work, I don't want to" I said sitting up on the couch. "Then find somewhere else to stay" He shurgged. 

"Ok, where?" I asked. 

"My aunt is looking for workers at her newly opened diner maybe I could tell her you need a place to work" 

"No... I can't believe this is happening to me" I groaned. 

"The bad boy working at a coffee shop" He laughed. 

I stood up from the lounge and walked to the kitchen, I scoured all the cabinets for  food but I found nothing. 

"Don't you have any food here?" I asked 

"No, but we can order Chipotle"

"Sure"

... 

"You don't really have a good record from what I've heard, you're a troublemaker but since you're eager to get this job. I'll give it to you" Mrs Rose smiled at me. 

This morning I went to Brent's aunt's newly opened diner to apply for a job.I had to choose between being a barista or a cashier, I chose to be a cashier because I don't know how to make coffee and I hate having to talk to people.

She told me to start working today and help her direct the other people who were coming for the job interview, so I stayed even if I didn't want to, I needed this job. 

The first person that came was a girl with long curly brown hair and beautiful blue eyes, she had attractive pink lips, she wore a white shirt and short shorts that showed off her sexy lean legs. 

She looked familiar, I couldn't just remember where I've seen her. 

"Hi," She said, leaning against the counter. 

"What do you want?" I asked with a bored tone. 

"I came for the job" She said smiling at me.

"Go that way," I said, directing her to Mrs Rose's office. 

The next person that came was Stella, she attended my school, she had dark brown hair just like me and sparkling blue eyes, she's very pretty but she never sparked my interest. I've noticed her a few times trying to talk to me, I never really took interest in girls like her. 

"Hey" She said in a flirtatious tone, smiling seductively at me. 

"What do you want?" I asked, disgusted by her attitude. 

"I came for the job" She said trying to touch me but I resisted. 

"That way" I said quickly, dismissing her. 

A lot of other people came, some for the job and some to check out the diner. It was finally the end of my shift and it's time to go home. 

Brent came with his Ford Fiesta MSRP to pick me up from the diner, his parents were really rich and they gave him the freedom he needed, they also got him an apartment. 

"Hey," I said, entering the passenger's seat. 

"Hey," Brent said and started the car. We drove in silence, I scrolled through the internet looking at random pictures of people. 

"I'm hungry, how about you?" Brent asked "I'm starving" I groaned. We stopped at Mc Donalds and bought two happy meals, one big Mac, three fries and chicken nuggets. 

I paid for the food we got and went back to the car.

When we arrived home we ate our food and watched a movie. I was really tired from today's work, I fell asleep on the couch. 

... 

I woke up really early in the morning because my shift was going to start by 10am. I quickly took my bath and changed into blue jeans and a blue polo shirt. I grabbed my bag and stuffed my uniform in it and I walked out the door, I checked the time to see it was 9:05am, the diner was a fourty-one minutes drive from here. I took the bus to the diner.  Immediately I got a seat, I sat and relaxed, resting my head on the chair and slowly drifted to sleep. 

A/N

I enjoyed writing this chapter, and you hope you enjoyed reading it!

Comment your suggestions!

And vote to support!