14- The almost kiss

Bella's POV

After the stunt Ashton pulled at the restaurant I went home as red as a Chinese tomato, everyone must have thought we were dating and he wanted to ask me to be his fiancée. I wonder what got into him, he normally acts like he hates me, and all of a sudden he's being goofy around me.

I was jolted out of my thoughts when someone nudged my shoulder, I looked beside me only to find Ashton smiling playfully at me while resting on the counter. 

He looked sinfully gorgeous, his hair was styled sloppily on his head and his lips were curved into a smile, his deep brown eyes we're staring intently at me and his head was resting on his wrist. He looked hot. 

I smiled and raised an eyebrow questioningly at him. 

"You've been deep in thoughts all day, are you ok?" He asked, staring at me with a worried expression. 

"Yeah, I'm fine" I smiled widely, facing him. 

"If you're mad at me for telling Stella I've told you, I'm sorry" He said. 

"I'm not mad at you, I haven't really thought about it" 

"Good, how have you been coping with your break up, still crying?" He asked casually. 

"No, I think I'm already moving on," I said. To be honest I haven't quite thought about Adrian since the stunt Ashton pulled up at the restaurant, normally I'll cry every night but last night he didn't even come to my mind. I'm happy I'm getting over him, little by little. 

"That's good, I wouldn't like to see you cry over that jerk," He said affectionately. 

"Thanks" I smiled at him.

"Enough about your ex-boyfriend, tell me about yourself" He said, still staring at me. 

"What do you want to know?" I asked, there isn't really much about me people would like to know. 

"Start with the basics"

"My name is Bella Stonefield, I'm eighteen, I was born November twelve, I'm 5'3ft and I love chocolate" I said. 

"Umm... Not bad" He said. 

"Tell me about yourself" 

"I'm Ashton Kutcher, nineteen, October fifth, I'm 5'7ft" He said briefly. 

"Are you an only child?" I asked. 

"Y-Yes" He said hesitantly. 

"I have a brother, his name is Mason and he's so annoying. One time he spread a rumor about me that I wet the bed at fifteen, no one believed me when I denied it. He's the worst brother ever!" I groaned remembering the scandalous thing my brother did to ruin my reputation at school. 

"Did you really wet the bed?" He asked with a playful smirk. 

"It was only one time and it's because I drank a lot of water at our family get-together!" I whined, while he laughed at me. 

"But still you wet the bed"

"I know, the shame" I said covering my face with my hands. 

"What about you? Aren't you gonna tell me about yourself" I said to him, his smile suddenly faded. 

"Well, I'm an only child like I said and I'm not really close to my parents so there isn't any fun thing going on in my life" He shrugged. 

"You remember the day I was at your house for the night?" I asked,he nodded. "I saw a picture of a man and a woman with two children who looked like twins in your bedroom" I said and something flashed in his eyes, it looked like hurt, regret and shame.