Chapter 14: Give Me a Break

It was a revealing night for me.

The party continues with a toast and a grateful speech from the president but i guess sometimes a party never ends without a slight of drama.

An old guy with a walker accidentally bump on me but he was an ego one to apologize and perhaps reverse the situation to the guests and blame me instead.

"he's insanely old" Jordan whispered to Michigan

But this old guy still hears clearly and burst into anger when he heard my bad joke. He shouted in front of my face like there is no one around. He had so much hatred in his chest and I am not even doing anything that will pissed him off.

"Papa, what's happening here?" President Scott asked

"This young lad is getting on my way and he still blames me, he had no respect for the elders!"

I apologize and explained my side to the president and told me that he will handle the old guy's temper. The president then apologizes to me and to the rest of the guests as the formal fun continues.

"papa what are you doing?! you are ruining my party!" President Scott whispered to the old guy.

"That kid who is he?! why are you protecting him?!"

"That kid is one of the most competitive newly signed at the White House, his name is Jordan."

The old guy seems to be in silence for a second and ask for my surname.

"Paul, now Mr. Agustus, if you would excuse me" President Scott replied

The president told him that he will have a conversation with his companies , leaving him wandering with sweat on his forehead.

Mr. Agustus gave me an unpleasant look for the last time before we finally bid farewell to the president the time the clock hits eleven. Even though Mr. Agustus and I had a bad start i still waved my hand goodbye for him so that i can tell him that i still respect his kind but just like i said the old guy had ego.

The president introduced me to the first lady and then found out that we met awhile ago after the first lady's explanation. My chest started to feel that pain again the moment i look at her eyes before we took off.

" Why can't she recognize me?"

"Honey, what is his name?" The first lady asked

"Jordan, is there any problem?"

Her arms met and close after she heard the name. She scratches her elbow with her index finger and exhales before she closed her mouth with her cheeks exploding.

"nothing dear" Brenda whispered to herself

She excuses herself to the party and headed outside outwinding as she drinks her cherry fine wine. Mr. Agustus followed her daughter outside and ask her if she was bothered by something or someone.

"Both. I just remembered my son dad" Brenda answered with a slight tear on the lid of her left eye.

Mr. Agustus told her that it was a long time ago and she had to move one with her present child and her new life. He even stated that his son and past husband is dead two decades ago.

"Or he isn't? I don't know dad it's just i still have hopes inside me. Are you sure my son is dead?" Brenda asked while her father nod like he acts that he knows the truth.

"I know that my grandchild is in the good hands now , he will be just okay." Mr.Agustus said as he calm down the teary Brenda.

"Mom, I'm sleepy" a voice of a little girl calls