Chapter 9: Vision, Sandwiches and Payback

As a result of my eagerness at work I got to buy some furnitures and live in a studio apartment a block away from the white house. It might be small but is is precious to me for this is the first thing I bought for myself.

I am earning a lot of money at a young age because of my passion and intelligence like what they always say when you love what you are doing you got a lot of earning. But I'm not that type of a money person for I grew up being indigent. But Instead waste it on charities for the black youth.

You know what is fun of being an achiever of political science?

Is that I can teach, I can speak up, and I could change the game.

I was living the dream despite of my bitter past. I just hope that poppu was here to witness it all and tell him that I did it, that your son did it. It was like a mixed of sweet and spicy dream. The excrutiating side of the reality.

For six challenging months my standing in life got to be unimaginable. I was starting to be successful and yet aa failure of my past.

Visiting on her break at the airport, Michigan wishes to return to The Sacred Lives with me so I can turn their hopes back and tell them that the prince is still alive but I'm still not ready to show everyone after all that I cost.

"you had to take a stand Jordan, the people of The Sacred Lives needed you, how would you take a stand for your father if with your people you are already afraid"

You can see it in her eyes that she was quite disappointed. Reasoning out that she have a flight to attend I chased her and told her to give me few more days to prepare myself. The disappointment turns to be a smile and continued walking wearing that flight stewardess outfit of hers.

I waited for her to took off and look up to the sky at this huge airport window.

"I really don't know what to do next poppu, help me" Jordan looked at his clock necklace while he clutches it.

The hearing is about tot start in a few hours and this client of mine seems to had a leaden case. He I also black and he was accused for physical injuries and homicide because of a white cop who tried to raid his home because of illegal drugs and intentionally put an iron fist on my client's wife because the cop got annoyed. But the lies seems to be a rival for justice and defended that lie that my client tried to fight back and accused him as a threat to the cop's life.

I know that it is completely bs and guess what the juries believed the officer's side. I tried explaining whatever it takes because I didn't want another misinterpret mistake to took a life that doesn't get justified because he is black. The judgement has to stop.

My proofs are very strong and clear but the other panel already brainwashed the judge and the rest which made me furious because they weren't paying attention too much for my client.

" Your honor, I apologized for being insensitive but we got strong evidence but no one is listening?! Is that because he is black and this country is a bias?" Sarcastically stated by Jordan.

The spilled words are worth it, I might kind of triggered everyone but it is pure shame if he will be one sided. At the end, we won the hearing and got my client's prisonment turned down and I'm very glad they got to accept our side. After the hearing, the child of my client came running for me to say his gratefulness.

Seeing my kind got the justice they deserve which I lack of is a fire in my guts. It felt like poppu already gave me the answer I was asking back at the airport.

A sunny afternoon is waiting for me at the white house arriving with my newly bought motorcycle I saw a old lady just entered the president's private car. I hurried my way back inside the house and searched for articles regarding my father's death back then.

Atty. Lynda from behind, shocked me with her hands to my shoulder and asked me out for a coffee when she saw the newspaper article I am currently reading. She was confused and got curious with my actions but I have to be sure so I told her that I am just reviewing past issues for a client's case. But I got disappointed inside when I heard that it was trash by the court like a long time ago.

"what? They shouldn't they didn't know what really happened"

Atty. Lynda told me to calm down and ask me if this is really just for a case but I don't know what to say left so I told her that I have to go and rest because I'm out all day and will catch up with the coffee next time.

The case needed to be reheard and the world needs to hear it, All of us needed to be heard.

I can't stop thinking about a world where the beaten and the damned are safe and sound , where justice seems to be around and the racist era has been put into the grave and finally fades.

I drove my way to the Valley Road , the road that put my life in a misery, the road that took the life of my father. Kneeling on one knee as I look back to the beating my father got from those two white officers. I felt fire in my veins that I screamed in anger as I try to remember the faces of those two scumbags.

But I wasn't the only one crying on the road. There was a lady standing at the side of the road wearing black tint shade and a red pencil dress. She looks familiar and I wonder what will a descent looking lady do in a road in the middle of a sunset.

"hey! excuse me miss?"

I was about to chased her but she got into her car in a swift. I stand into the position where I saw her and got surprised with what my eyes caught. A candle and a paper bag. Grabbing the paper bag because of my curiousity I grab on something I hope for a long time.

A ham and cheese sandwich.

"can it be?"

I take a bite as my doubt fall into a chance. A chance because the taste of it comes from a person who can only make it that perfect.

"she's alive.. my mother is alive!"

I ran to the motorcycle and tried to chased the lady so I could see her face but she was quick as lightning. Am I tripping? Or maybe I just missed her so much but who would let my favorite sandwich in the world in a road like this. A road that destroy my family. I got strengthened as I look at the sunset hoping that I could see that lady again.

Sinced that day I always wait at the Valley Road with the sunset whenever I had a free time from work hoping she would come back.

But she never came back that I started to lose hope again. But there is this familiar tree I got to stare the moment I am putting the helmet back on.

" I saw our family van getting crashed at that tree. I saw them again the two white faceless monsters and they are putting gas at the van and lighted up our van as they left like nothing happened. And then I saw me, a four years old me running my way out of the woods for I saw our van burning."

I got petrified with my vision but it was very clear now. It is all a setup and they are the reason for all of this since the moment it begun. They used their power to trashed the case for I was lost for a very long time and just a helpless little kid back then.

They took advantage of their own mistakes that it makes me suffer to death alive.

But not anymore.

"Hello Mr. Obama, I wanted to open the case again regarding my father's death." Jordan confidentially spoke to Mr. Obama on his smartphone with raging eyes.