Chapter 32: The Union

San Gabriel, La Union. In the Fall of 2039.

A prisoner named Marco Dela Franco lives with her wife Maria Isabel Dela Franco who seems to have the blood of being a Filipina. Together with his son, Nicholai Dela Franco.

A drug dealer and a mafia member who seems to be imprisoned for almost a decade. History says that he was also a stage actor in his younger days. Drew stated as he types for more information online and printed out the picture of his wife and son.

"Why would he involve his family in this life and death situation." Jordan got silent for a moment and ordered everyone to get ready for the flight as he stared at the picture with a question left unanswered.

It was so good for a moment to see my cousin Ahruk once again before this long day and night travel. We were barely known for our looks and fake IDs.

Vivoree and I were seatmates until she noticed that my eyes seem to go down to the ocean.

"you okay?" She asked.

I sniffed my way up and pretended that I'm good. Telling her that I just see Michigan around the plane and remembering those times. Vivoree seems to be optimistic and smiling telling me that everything would be alright.

Vivoree is acting strangely nice these days, she ain't like this that much she used to be a badass but right now she seems to be as soft as a pillow and it leaves me wondering.

"Where did you get that tape?"

She paused for a second like she doesn't know what to say next. She then told me that she was a good finder with a trustworthy source I wasn't getting the answer I wanted but whatever happened thanks to it that I knew I wasn't lying and I got the shot to show it to the world we just have to find it again.

The next morning, we arrived at a near destination and got picked up by a chopper on our way to La Union. I never had such peace and that grass scent that travel its way through my nose and exhales for this beautiful nature the Philippines had. The sea, the climate, and the people are simply amazing.

We arrived at San Fernando after almost two hours waiting for our next ride in this street market wherein the Filipinos seem to find their luck to survive every day but still smiling and laughing like they are the happiest people on the planet. The kids are playing everywhere and running, I just wished I was just like them nothing to worry about and not mentally drained with suicidal thoughts as my meal every single day.

People are still lucky during hard times. Just like how these Filipino people represent to be, they might struggle for a dime but they are solidified with opportunities and family.

A young kid pulls my shirt and pointed at this beautiful traditional ride the Philippines have.

A jeepney.

"Kuya, sakay na po kayo".

The jeepney rider who seems to be the kid's father chuckles and apologizes for his son being silly. But I did understand what he said for I knew seven languages and Tagalog was one of them.

" Salamat" Jordan answered.

They are amazed about my knowledge and the twins are begging me to teach them after seeing these young beautiful Filipinas who seems to smile at them at the wet market. Drew was shameful of how the twins act but he was drag down for a push as they wave their hands to them.

Vivoree laughs and told us to stop the drama and hop inside the jeepney.

It's almost lunchtime and everyone seems to starve for the long journey that is why we first visited a delicious local restaurant here in La Union.