Chapter 4: A Bad Dream

Helpppp! Helllpppp me!

I heard the screams of pain and desperation. The sound of the sparks of the fire being lighted up. Running to a dark hall when I heard once again the traumatic siren of the police mobile chasing me.

I fell into the unknown and saw my father standing like a statue. Wherein, I stand up with all my strength and ran to him with long steps until a loud shot of a gun swung through my ears.

Every scenario fooled me with my past but I kept running while I call his name with a delusional mind. It was so hard for me to cope up as it gets more painful as the time passes by.

At the other side of the dark hall, an officer with no face shot me out of nowhere like it was real. My eyes woke me up in sweat drops for it was a bad dream after all. Sasha woke me up as she heard my heavy breathing again, Rubbing my back to calm me down.

"You dreamt of it again?" She asked as she reach for my inhaler and gave it to me.

It was a total stressed out that I didn't even know when is the last time I got a good and peaceful sleep.

"I'm like a broken Walkman replying the films inside me"

I cried as I blame myself once again about the death of my father. If I wasn't pushing that dream of seeing a parade, he would still be here with me safe and sound. Sometimes I just hope that I don't wake up but aunt Sasha doesn't like the sound of it.

January 18th , 2031

Today marks the 10th year of my past tragedy. I am fourteen years old but the incident is still fresh in my mind. I could see the two white officers but in a blur image , I was so young that time that I couldn't remember their faces in these times but I know that they are still somewhere in my memory of nightmares.

I grew up studying here at el tatio in a expensive university but with a scholarship. The smart guy in the building or should I say that I'm already a grade 10 student in just a young age. Yup it's true I might have the brain of torturing but education is still a key for me and that's the only thing I guess I got lucky off. Nah, I was just kidding I do still have those few lucky charms supporting me on my way. Like, my best buddy who is the only one who doesn't envy me.

Riley Kyle Obama.

I know, such a cool and respected surname like the former president Barack Obama. But they aren't close to being relatives so moving on to Riley again. I am two steps ahead of him in high school and he came from a really golden dime family. He is half American and African just like me, pulling off that faded army cut with a slight urban touches. Also, had eloquent blue eyes that surely attracts some of the girls in the neighborhood.

On my way to the library, he shouted out my name like nobody is around and later on joined me. I was about to read this book for history class, when the great o tummy of the starving lord Riley asking me to grab something to eat at the cafeteria. Lady jill, the "do not disturb me with your questions" lunch lady with a grumpy face came scooping this delicious meals. Her attitude is a no but her cooking skills is a big yes, thanks to her our lunch is always a superb.

"Sup dorks" A guy landed a heavy pat on the back of my head that it make my nose and the upper half of my face take all the munch before my mouth.

Did I say that our lunch is always a superb? Let me rephrase that a bit and added this short sentence.

"Not when Travis Barnes and his gang arrives"

What is a school without bullies right? Well take this guy because he is top notcher for that award in our campus. Since I was a freshman he is already resentful over me for some shitty reasons. Okay, let's say he got promoted for also becoming top racist in the campus.