Chapter 7: Michigan

(2020, before the incident)

It all starts when I saw this flying object above the sky.

"Mama , look a bird" Michigan pointed at the sky.

My mother took a look at the sky and had her mouth chuckling telling me that it is not a bird but an airplane. It was like love at first sight the moment I saw it.

After knowing what's inside it I just felt like I wanted to join the team in the future. But my mom refuses and told me that it is unsafe for people like us outside The Sacred Lives. Explaining me everything about the crucial and tragic way of how some white people treated black people like us. They called it racism but I did not believe at the first place, until.

(2020, after the incident)

The queen gathered us and announced that the King and his son has not return since the day they left the town. Leaving the queen with no choice but to leave The Sacred Lives and never returned.

We felt abandoned and people started to lose hope. Arguments started to overflow in our town making some of them leave and eat their loyalty. But the rest still believes that someday you will return for them , for us Jordan.

After all of that, The Sacred Lives changed.

(2032)

Twelve years later I graduated High School in our town and since that our town doesn't offer tertiary for my chosen course I had to make a decision and leave the town as well. My mom had no other choice but to support my decision and pray for my safety after that decision.

I was like a runaway the time I reached this city called Minneapolis so I had to observe. If you are asking why I got to this city? The truth is I got an offer for a scholarship at this city but there is a consequence in the future. Michigan said as she stop for a minute and completely got active again after the long face.

"of course I had to work for them in the airlines lol!"

Then I work for my living, a student a morning and a waitress at the evening then part times at a bookstore across the apartment I'm living so I could pay the owner for the rent.

Coincidentally lucky but it's a tragic living for I felt alone as well and started to experience the things my mother said about these rude and racist white people. I mean some are still kind but the half is a total madness.

Everytime I walk down to the streets of Minneapolis a group of white teen womans awaits. Raining me with curse and hurtful words teasing me because of my skin that it led me to bought my only friend, my headphone. But guess what, it looks like I insulted them this time and started chasing me down in this dark and smelly hallway and got beaten up.

Michigan's tears started to fall down as she sings to me everything that happened to her at the past.

I never fought back but they made me do it and got the payback I really hated until now that I could still smell it from these times. They showered me with expired canned milk since the time it happened I always felt offended every time I see a milk. I know it's all crap but trust me when it happens to you I swear to God you will got your fist balled and your eyes raging in fire.

And it get worser, even at college I felt the grief and the shame for some of my classmates downgraded me because of my appearance and ability to become a flight attendant someday.

I felt conscious but I am proud to be what I look like because this is me and the important is I do not step on people. So I play deaf and focused at my future. But I have to admit sometimes it is not easy to be yourself when people already judging you for who you really are. They will drive you insane.